Official Community Forums Home

On The Pill

hello about 2 weeks ago i had sex with a guy and he came in me, i was just ending my period like i was still bleeding a little a few days after we had sex... im still taking my birth contorl like normal i just wanted to know how much of a chance i have with being pregnant and if i am what does the pill do to my body ?

• Members
hello about 2 weeks ago i had sex with a guy and he came in me, i was just ending my period like i was still bleeding a little a few days after we had sex... im still taking my birth contorl like normal i just wanted to know how much of a chance i have with being pregnant and if i am what does the pill do to my body ?

Ok, first if you are on birth control and are taking it as prescribed you should not have a problem. If you just started birth control, as in this was your first cycle, you should always use secondary protection for the ENTIRE FIRST CYCLE of PILLS. I am not quite sure how long you have been on them. Also, if you had sex while you were still on your period, you could get pregnant, although your risk is lower...the highest risk time is when you ovulate, which for most women, is 2 weeks before your period starts. However, women get pregnant at all times in there cycles, including during their periods if the egg is still present in the uterus for any reason.

The pill prevents eggs from releasing into the fallopian tubes, thereby preventing pregnancy by elimination of the egg - sperm contact!

I hope that helps you!

Be MORE CAREFUL...how old are you???

Mikayla

• Members

Birth Control doesn't guarantee 100% that you won't get pregnant-in fact it isn't unheard of for a woman to get pregnant while having been on the pill for years-while it isn't extremely common, stranger things have happened...

okokok, I know that isn't helping but, there are other options-the morning after pill (assuming it's been less than 72 hours) or take a home pregnancy test (I think there are some that can tell you almost immediately?!?) If you're really worried, contact your doctor, he or she can give you all the options you need!!

If you are pregnant (which is a pretty slim to none chance-by the way) if you keep taking your BC I'm pretty sure that the results won't be good (especially if you *want* to be pregnant!)

AND, in case you didn't know, BC DOES NOT protect against ANY STD’s. If an unwanted pregnancy doesn’t ruin your day-certainly an STD will.

We ALL do stupid things, but you're the only one who can protect yourself...