Official Community Forums Home

Sex In A Hottub

For some women, this is a risky thing. Just like soaking in a tub with bubble bath for too long, the heat and chemicals in a hottub can promote bacteria inside the vagina and/or uretha, and for those of us that may be a bit on the "sensitive" side, may develop a bladder or yeast infection if too much time is spent in the hottub, with or without sex. Sex will push the chemicals up inside more, but many women do this, and have no troubles. I would say it depends on the woman.

• Members

Tyger is right on about it being individualistic to each woman. I know on my honeymoon I had more sex in hot tubs than I ever had and I ended up with the queen mother of all yeast infections! The first (OK, second) thing my GYNE asked me was, "did you have a lot of sex in hot tubs on your honeymoon?" Of course I had, and she told me that not only do the chemicals that most places use to clean those tubs wreak havoc on our sensitive system, but the hot environment is a breeding ground for bacteria. Just be careful!

• Members
Sex in a hot tub I have tried several times and always ended up outside of it LOL gets too hot

for me.

I agree with the advice you have already recieved.

If I recall the heat tempature should be aroud 102 to 103 degrees, it is not advisable to stay in the hot tub more then about 15 mins. Alchohal is not recommened either. It plays havac on your whole body. I have spent alot of time in hot tubs, abot 20 years. Miss them hot tub parties I used to have but when it comes to sex you'll find yourself more outside of it. you really need a tub that will seat about 6 to 8 people IMHO to be comfortable in.

I do prefer hot tubs over swimming pools, my wife enjoyed using the pool for sex. Water allows for some interesting positions that wouldnt be possible even for a liberator

Glenn

• Members
Also if your on certain meds (mainly heart/high blood pressure meds) the tub may cause an unsafe drop in blood pressure. Check with your doctor to see if the hot tub is right for you. It is true though. Some meds and the hot water cause "vasodialation" which may cause some folks to pass out. DO check you meds.

Passing out in a hot tub might be one of the last things you do, not worth it if you enjoy sex alot. Don't want that little thrill to be your last

They nice to have, can be lots of fun but require safety. I enjoy it over the pool

Glenn

• Members

We purchased a hot tub last summer, built a room on for it. We have had no problems as far as health concerns since using it. I believe if you keep it up using the right chemicals, and keeping it clean, you should be ok. We enjoy ours for relaxing and well... whatever our devious minds come up for fun in it.. :rolleyes: