Official Community Forums Home

Pregnancy Or Lack There Of

• Members

My husband and I were blessed with one amazing boy. He is 8 almost nine. We have been trying since he was 2 to have another one. I was pregnant in 2002 and 2007 but both of those sadly ended in miscarriage. It was very devastating for all three of us. It is so frustrating not to be able to give my husband another child. I know we have one already and some people go their whole lives never being able to have at least one. I'm very grateful for being able to have my son. I just wish, hope and pray that I will be able to have more. I have always wanted a big family. I just feel like I was able to have one so I know my parts worked once but why can't I carry another child? I feel like I'm broken and not as much of a woman as my friends that are popping out 3 and 4 kids. It just really gets me that these girls that are blessed with more children can't even stop smoking or drinking for nine months while they are with child. It is such an amazing gift from God that alot of people take for granted. I smoke too but, I would give up anything and everything for the health and safety for my unborn child if I got the chance. Thank you so much for giving me a place to vent and also maybe some good pointers on how to conceive again:)

• Members

I am so sorry for your losses and your frustrations. Have you talked to your OB/GYN? There are many cases of "secondary infertility", which is when you have one child, and then struggle conceive. I think your doctor should be very involved in this.

Take care. Please keep us posted on how things are going.

• Members

I know how you feel and your best recourse is working with your OBGYN. I had 3 miscarriages and then I had my daughter. Then since then I have had 2 miscarriages. They have finally after this last one realized it was my thyroid condition that was causing the miscarriages so we will see. I am very happy with my daughter and feel very blessed to have her after going through that.

• Members

I can semi-understand what you're going through, not through actual experience, but I have a 50/50 chance of being infertile when I do try to conceive and I have a high risk of miscarriage if and when I do get pregnant.

The best answer has already been said, and that is to go and see your Gynaecologist, you've been trying for some time, so it's not like you're rushing into an appointment about fertility.