Official Community Forums Home

Traveling With Toys

• Members

Hi, my first post here. My sweet wife and I are flying to Maui from San Francisco to celebrate our 30th anniversary next week. Last year after discovering this site I started buying toys for her/us. We'd like to take our toys to Maui and back without causing a Homeland Security Alert or undue attention. We're talking a vibrating dildo, shower bunny, clit vibrator, etc. Clearly these would be in our check on bag not carry on and the batteries would be removed. I understand the bag will be unlocked, scanned, and can be individually searched. Coming back from Maui it's my understanding everything is searched for plants and produce.

So, my question is does anyone have personal recent experience transporting toys to Hawaii from SF and back, and what are your thoughts or tales about potential problems or pitfalls. Many thanks to all and thanks so much for a great forum.

• Members
Hi, my first post here. My sweet wife and I are flying to Maui from San Francisco to celebrate our 30th anniversary next week. Last year after discovering this site I started buying toys for her/us. We'd like to take our toys to Maui and back without causing a Homeland Security Alert or undue attention. We're talking a vibrating dildo, shower bunny, clit vibrator, etc. Clearly these would be in our check on bag not carry on and the batteries would be removed. I understand the bag will be unlocked, scanned, and can be individually searched. Coming back from Maui it's my understanding everything is searched for plants and produce.

So, my question is does anyone have personal recent experience transporting toys to Hawaii from SF and back, and what are your thoughts or tales about potential problems or pitfalls. Many thanks to all and thanks so much for a great forum.

Hey look at it this way, if its a matter of being emberrased don't worry about it since you wont be there when they have to scan your bag. Either way I'm sure you wont be the first couple to be traveling with toys of this nature.

Anyhow, have fun in Hawaii and of course lots of sex!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I havent taken mine out of the country, but I have taken them on trips. I have a funny little story. We went to my husbands college town for homecoming with a group of friends one year. I got out of our car at the hotel and walked over to our friends to talk with them. My husbands best friend helped him get the bags out of the car & into our room. Of course, his best friend got my bag, loaded with my sex toys. :D Somehow, one of the toys got turned on and he kept asking my husband "whats that noise?" . My husband said his best friend looked in the bag turned the toy off, and started laughing. I couldnt figure out why he was smiling at me that evening all wierd. After a few drinks, he let the cat out of the bag.....everyone had a laugh on me. I think I had the last laugh, though, because we sure had fun with those toys that weekend! Moral of the story......take the batteries out while traveling. :lol:

Guest eminatic

i take multiple vibrators/lube/handcuffs with me in my carry on bag! :D i've never had a problem with it, never even asked to be searched. (i live in Las Vegas and frequently fly to the Oakland airport in california)

• Members

I too would be mortified if my toys were found in my bags for anyone to see; and have traveled with "toys and stuff" both in and out of the country. I purchased a cosmetic bag to put it all into just in case, yet I have never been searched. If your bags are chosen to be searched they will usually pull it off to the side a bit.

*Just think of the inspectors face if he happens to open the cosmetic bag* Priceless!

Happy Anniversary and have a wonderful time in Maui.

FYI: Swan Court is a very romantic place to have dinner

• Members

Thanks everyone for your replies. As an update we had a great time on Maui, no kids or family and lots of personal time. I went on the TSA website and suprisingly found no information on transporting one's dildo or vibrator. We simply placed all the toys in one of those gallon sized zip lock bags without any batteries installed and placed it in one of the side pockets of our check in bag. No problems going to or coming home. I believe not trying to hide anything helped, or perhaps they're simply too busy. Thanks to all for your input.

we had our checked bag searched and found a TSA pamphlet inside stating it was a routine search.

The toys and lotions caused no issue. They may have been wondering more about the coffee beans than the toys.

Guest eminatic
we had our checked bag searched and found a TSA pamphlet inside stating it was a routine search.

The toys and lotions caused no issue. They may have been wondering more about the coffee beans than the toys.

lol they check basically whenever they think there might be something, then stick that little "routine search" note in it XD my sister's suitcase says "coroner's office" on it and they check it every time :lol: