Official Community Forums Home

Storing Different Materials...

• Review Team

I am about to get my first silicone and ur3 toys, but I have heard that you can't store certain materials together (i.e. silicone and metal) or they will do horrible things like 'melt'. Is this true? If so, what materials do I need to keep seperate? Thanks!

• Members

I heard something about toys melting but I can't for the life of me remember what caused it. There is a thread somewhere. Try doing a search. We just keep ours in the bedside stand.

• Members

Many people recommend storing toys in their original boxes. Then you don't have to worry about which toy is next to another. They are all well protected.

• Members

That's what we do! It takes a little more room, but they're more safe, more sanitary, and you never forget what they're called, cuz the name's on the packaging! *laugh*

• Members

I keep my toys in our toy box and in the original packages, for the exception of the cyberskin those I keep in a plastic bag with some powder to keep them nice and soft and realistic feeling :rolleyes:

Many of my toys are in their original packages, just to help prevent melting. Excessive heat can cause some jelly, rubber, and even some cybersking toys to melt. They have a better chance of retaining their shapes in their packages.

However, if you use silicone lubes with silicone toys, this can cause the materials in the toys to liquify/get mushy, and then you get silicone melting too. Goo-y mess! YUK!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Always store silicone toys separated from each other and from other toys! Even if you're just wrapping each one in a cloth in the drawer, keep something between those silicone toys, or they kind of melt into each other. If keeping all the original boxes to store things in isn't an option (for example, those of us who need to be discrete when moving in and out of dorms...), try to store each toy that doesn't play well with other toys in a plastic or cloth bag, and the rest in as many or few bags as you need. It's worked great for me. Hope this helps!