Official Community Forums Home

Why Didn't They Tell Me That?

Sailor Girl

• Members

I needed a new clock. I also bought a device that marks money. You slide the bill in and push two strips together so that I can read a 1, 5 or whatever it is. I got the package and open the clock. I can't get the battery compartment because they put a lovely screw in it. Ok that's fine, except i don't have a damn screwdriver! Look, can you tell me that so if i spend twenty bucks just say have this tool? Oh and the kicker? The manual is in print!

• Members

Well that just sucks and is just plain stupid. I'd call them and really give them a piece of your mind. The screwdriver I can see them over looking, but Siobhan, the manual is printed. Hello, they need a clue.

Or you can get even and send them a complaint letter in braille. But I'm mean that way lol.

Sorry you had to deal with this.

• Members

Nice idea, however I think they have blind people on staff so that'd be lost on them. I'll just need to go buy one somewhere and I don't have anyone to give me a ride till I think tuesday and I wanted to set my clock. oh well. Tis company used to have some of the product instructions up on their site. Ok it wasn't perfect but if you had basically the same model of watch, you could figure out things, but they've taken that all down. I just don't get blindness organizations sometimes, here. This item talks, tels temperature, time, does everything but wash your socks, and oh first off pay an exorbitant amount of money and second, enjoy reading print.

• Members

I was curious about that, how the clock worked for sighted versus non sighted folks. I assumed it talked. That's a pretty interesting idea.

I know I take so much for granted having my sight, and I wanted to say it's nice to have you on the forums for a different perspective too.

Aiden pronounced A Den.

• Members

Hey, thanks very much that's very nice of you to say. My screen reader pronounces your name ok, it's the people that have crazy names or ones that might have numbers. I have a friend who's three kitties, but I thought it was 3 kitties until i looked at it. This site's been really awesome although I still have to write the review, what I came up with so far I wouldn't let my dog eat, but then again i'm critical of myself. Hope you have a good day, I need coffee! Lol

• Members

Would it be possible to scan the manual onto your hard drive, then use the narrator to read it? I'm only assuming that you have a scanner but it's better than waiting for a new guide to arrive in the mail.

• Members

Hi. I actually asked my brother to read the manual because the volume is set to high as hell!! I'm slightly bummed i can't soften it at all but e did tape up the speaker to shut it up. I also bought an eye glass care kit, a whole dollar from CVS. Thanks for the help, and I don't have a working scanner right now.