Official Community Forums Home

Am I Evil Or What?

whiskeywoman

• Members

SO, heres the basic background..

My ex and I have been divorced for 19 years.

I have tried several times to make things work with him, I really have, that is why I have 4 kids with him.

The problem is, that he has been a drug addict for the last 40 years.

He has always chosen the drugs over his family.

When Iwent into labor with our 7 yr old, he was found in a motel room with a crack whore trying to sell my car for money for drugs.

Anyways, he has been ordered by the courts to pay 300 dollars a month in child support.

He really doesn't want to pay it, so he has asked me to remarry him.

He has been insistent on remarrying me to get out of his child support obligation, move in with me, and quit his job so I once again have to support him.

I finally thought about it, and decided, I will only agree to it IF I get the engagement ring I want.

1) it has to be in a platinum setting

2) it has to be brand new, I really don't want anyone elses bad luck on my ring.

3)it has to be at least a carat

4)it has to be the exact ring that I choose.

He is not really happy with my choice, but hey, if he wants to prove to me how much he has changed, then he will get me the ring I want.

i told him i wanted this one....http://www.tiffany.com/Engagement/Item.aspx?sku=22852914

it starts at 43,000 dollars.

man, i am so cruel.

I really hope that you contemplating this man remarrying you is a joke.

Granted, he probably won't ever be able to afford a ring, but, in all honesty, if he's that into drugs, he'll try and steal one (or the money) to satisfy you. If he does that, I really hope you turn his ass in for theft (which would be grand theft I believe).

Plus, dealing with him for so long, you know that if he hasn't successfully completed and stuck with a rehab program by now, he won't quit. It would take a very very big thing for him to change. Drugs overpower the best of wills, and, no matter what, an addict will usually pick the drugs over family. It's the very nature of Addiction.

If you marry him, you'll be even further behind than you are now. It's not YOUR problem his ass can't get a job and support the kids he helped make. His ass should go to jail, where he will hopefully be forced into a rehab, and maybe straighten up. Why have someone like that in your house teaching your kids how to act like that? Any man that would want to marry his ex JUST so he could get out of paying child support needs to meet Bubba in some dark alley so he can really find out how tough life can get. Sorry, that's just me.

Anyway, I hope you're being sarcastic as far as contemplating this. No man is worth that much worry, drama, and possible jail time!! No man.

• Members

Nice ring!! But sorry to say I agree with Tyger and the quote I live by is: "The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior." Good luck and if you do end up together I really do hope he's changed. But when you said "He has been insistent on remarrying me to get out of his child support obligation, move in with me, and quit his job so I once again have to support him." Doesn't sound like a man I'd want to marry or be with again. A real Father and Husband works to help support his family. And it doesn't seem like he'd be that great of a husband or father if all he wants to do is get out of his obligations and responsiblities so he can sit around and be lazy! But good luck and I wish you the best!

but then again you could be being a total smartass, and in that case you go girl the abc store guy sounds WAY better ;)

• Members

First off, NO I am not seriously considering remarrying him, that is why I picked out a ring that he could not possibly afford in this lifetime, or the next.

To be perfectly honest, I would be happy as a clam if I got a diamond chip set in a ring from a man who claims he loved me and wanted to spend the rest of our days together.

I told him I wanted the ORIGINAL ring, from Tiffany, not a knock off.

And since it is rather expensive, I seriously doubt many people would be walking around with that particular ring on their fingers.

If he does by some miracle manage to get it, I will ask to see th reciept for the ring, if he can not produce one, you bet I willbe on the phoen with the cops.

the only way he could afford that ring is if he hit the lottery.

*HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF*

• Members

I love the ring!!! Is that really your favorite, or are you just finding the most expensive. I knew that jewelry could get expensive, but GEESH...lol. Beautiful taste though.

• Members

Yeah it is a nice ring.

And that is the choice I made as far as he is concerned.

THIS is what I would normally choose.

This one is only 395.00

I do not tend to have very expensive tastes, I prefer simple things.

And yes, I did do a search for the most expensive ring I could find.

I am so bad sometimes.

• Members

You go, girl. Make his sell HIS car to get money for your ring. Make him get a job to afford your ring. But I would still make it conditional (my luck he WOULD win the lottery and I'd have to keep my word). I'd promise If I got the ring AND I still wanted to!!