Official Community Forums Home

Is This Much Normal?

cybele

• Members

Well, I think I've gotten enough courage to ask this. For the last two years, I've been without a partner. Yeah, two years. Long story. Two months ago or so, I've been emailing a long distance friend and the convo turned decidedly a different way. That's since ended, but he kind of "woke" things up in me. At first I thought it was just the convo that was "waking things up" but now, since that ended, I'm still... Anyway, there are times that I masturbate four or five times per day. I know this may seem like an odd question, but is this normal? I've never been this affected before, even in my 20's.

• Members

There is nothing wrong with masturbation at all, even 5 times a day, so long as you don't feel you absolutely NEED it. Just like anything else it becomes bad for us if we start depending on it to reach a physical or mental state that we feel that we need to function. If you're just doing it because you like to do it, I would say you're fine. Keep in mind, though, that it is possible to train your body to only climax in a certain way and when this happens it can be difficult to break that cycle so if you're going to masturbate frequently, make sure to switch it up a little regarding technique.

Randy.

• Members

Yes, Randy gave excellent advice.

It's no different than having sex 5 times a day, it won't hurt you.

• Members

Play on....and enjoy!

Masturbation is a great, healthy, relaxing way to cleanse your system. It is a stress reliever and a mood enhancer. The more we masturbate, the happier and hornier we generally are. So play on and enjoy - and never worry, unless as Thurisas pointed out, you feel like it is controlling your life and that is all you want to do.

• Members

I don't think I'm addicted. Just really horny. I've recently been working out also, five-six days per week. Would this add to my predicament?

• Members

I do have lost time to make up. Honestly though, it's like I was completely shut down. Isn't the brain a funny thing? Now, if I could find someone to share my newfound energy with :) hehe

• Members

Cybele...we are almost the same age and approximately the same thing happened to me. I was divorced in 2003, had sex in 2004 once or twice (bad sex) and nothing until the beginning of this year when i began a 'friends with benefits' relationship. The friend part was fine but the sex was fabulous. Now that relationship is over and I am on my own. But I feel like a sexual "switch" has been turned on and I masturbate frequently, too, enjoying getting rid of the sexual tension I feel. Maybe our peak is a bit late? Now I am trying to find a suitable partner too, easier said than done. Good luck to you in your search. But if you are abnormal, so am I! What do they say in statistics? One is an anomaly, two is probably normal and three is a series? I am sure there are many more out there like us!

• Members
Cybele...we are almost the same age and approximately the same thing happened to me. I was divorced in 2003, had sex in 2004 once or twice (bad sex) and nothing until the beginning of this year when i began a 'friends with benefits' relationship. The friend part was fine but the sex was fabulous. Now that relationship is over and I am on my own. But I feel like a sexual "switch" has been turned on and I masturbate frequently, too, enjoying getting rid of the sexual tension I feel. Maybe our peak is a bit late? Now I am trying to find a suitable partner too, easier said than done. Good luck to you in your search. But if you are abnormal, so am I! What do they say in statistics? One is an anomaly, two is probably normal and three is a series? I am sure there are many more out there like us!

As odd as this sounds, I'm grateful that I'm not alone. When I was emailing that long distance friend and the convo delightfully turned, after a while, he said that he did not believe that women could carry on a "friends with benefits" relationship. He said in his experience, it's never been successful since the women always ended up becoming too emotionally attached.

He told me that he figured I'd never be successful at it.

Of course right before he wrote that, I had considered asking him to split airfare and come here, or to meet at some halfway point mid-US. lol. Yeah, that thought worked out well.

As you pointed out, finding a suitable partner is easier said than done.

Meanwhile, it's been an enjoyable ride lately... long overdue. And the best part, I'm still waiting to get my first toy in the mail!

• Members
There is a difference between 'genital peak' and 'sexual peak': genital peak occurs in the mid to late teens for males, and late teens to mid twenties for females...but SEXUAL peak, that's a far different story...sexual peak, meaning the depth, intensity, intimacy, creativity, and relaxed sexual expression may not begin until the fifth decade and develops into the sixth decade.

Thanks iha. I knew about the younger ages, but really didn't know that it was a "genital peak" Excellent! there's something to look forward to! :D

• Members

Cybele, as Pinky44 said there are more than a few of us here around the same age bracket and I think that may have something to do with this as I too feel like I just recently "woke up" and for the first time in my life my own sexualilty and desires are raging and formost in my head....can't get enough! I personally think it has alot to do with the fact that we spent our younger years nurturing everyone else around us and kind of fogot about ourselves....now we're just at a point in our life where we can focus on ourselves a little more and yes taking care of ourselves, exericising and releasing those endorphins makes us feel horny as hell all the time.....yay!!! Go with it girl and enjoy every minute and every experience you possibly can....we have definitely earned it!!!!