Official Community Forums Home

Waxing

cmwise1

• Members

I just want to remark about my recent wax job...a brazilian which took everything off. This was a home wax kit...Sally Hansen's All-over body wax for the pussy, Nair hot wax for the legs/underarms.

A good friend who waxes herself regularly helped me. She did my legs/underarms...which did not hurt at all, and one side of my puss. I followed her instructions and did the other side.

A Brazilian is not for the faint ot heart. I have a pretty high pain tolerance and it was tested. No one does them around here, so if i wanted one I was going to have to do it myself.

ALWAYS go with the hair growth, putting on the wax , against hair growth to pull it off. Pussy hair grows in all different patterns. You will want to shave first, then wait until the hair is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch long. Do little bits at a time. The wax needs to be spread thin....I can go into details if someone is interested.

You han HURT yourself if you are not careful. That skin down there is so sensitive that, if you pull the wrong way, you can cause a little tear. I, unfortunately, learned this the hard way. It bled like a mf. And hurt..but not like a mf. I had to wait until it healed, not only to have some action with my bunny but to finish up the wax job.

My recommendations, for all it's worth.

1.) Try to have it done professionally first so you can see if you like it.. The soft, sensitive skin is definitely worth it, IMO. No grow-back for weeks and only needs to be done every 2-3 months.

2.) If you decide to do it at home, use a strong wax (i.e., body wax) for the pussy hair..it is very coarse. The stuff "for bikini area" is worthless.

3.) Do little tiny sections at first until you get the hang if it.

4. Put the wax on in the direction of hair growth and pull it off in the opposite direction, staying very close to the skin. VERY IMPORTANT!!!

5.) Have a glass of wine or a beer to relax yourself, but not enough to make you tipsy, you will need to concentrate.

6.) Have a good friend there for moral support as well as an extra hand

It CAN be done at home but very carefully. Again, if anyone wants particulars, i will be happy to go through it in detail. There is a learning curve.

Love, love, LOVE the feel of it...so smooth and sexy. I'd do it again in a second.

• Members

Sorry you had such a traumatic experience! After my one and only home experience, I'll never do it again

• Members

That's the exact reason I stay with razors. I can control them, results almost the same. I will not wax down there, it's just too sensitive.

• Members

pinky, I am surprised to hear you advocating self waxing. You of all people know how delicate the skin is down there, and how hard it is to 'see' everything to get it where it needs to go. Self waxing, in my opionion, should be done with someone's help, never alone. However, that is my experience and my opinion...I am sure others have been OK with it.

Oh, and on a side note, I am sure that somewhere around there you can find a place that does it, it just might not be on 'the menu' offer the tech a little extra. I once got waxed in Fulton, Missouri, a little town of 1000 people - now THAT is rural!

• Members
:o I think I'll just stick with the razor. I just do it every night when I have my bath so it's no trouble and I'm always smooth with no regrowth at all. Am looking forward to a mutual shaving session next week...see how erotic we can make that!

• Members

i bought a home kit by GIGI and its for brazilan waxing. i was going to do it tonight, but im to tired after the day i had. my wonderful hubby said he would help me with the areas i cannot see and reach B)

i will let you know

• Members
pinky, I am surprised to hear you advocating self waxing. You of all people know how delicate the skin is down there, and how hard it is to 'see' everything to get it where it needs to go. Self waxing, in my opionion, should be done with someone's help, never alone. However, that is my experience and my opinion...I am sure others have been OK with it.

I agree about the sensitivity of that precious area. If someone wants to try it, I would certainly recommend a friend to help. If you don't have someone to help you, then it's best to have it professionally done. My friend had waxed herself many, many times and was of immeasurable help to me and i still didn't get it right. You need an extra hand if you are thinking of trying it at home. I think it can be done but very carefully....I didn't know about this kind of injury until it actually happened to me...I had never seen it in 12 years of medical practice.

Guest eminatic

i just bought the gigi wax kit too! im going to try it at the end of the week, when my period is over. i might try it tonight on a less sensitive area of my body first though.

[EDIT] i just tried it on my armpits (which i have waxed before with a nair waxing kit- was very painful and NO hair was removed <_< ) it didnt hurt in the slightest, but im sure its not as sensitive as *other* areas :lol: i did have a teensy bit of trouble with residue on my right underarm (which i just realized is the arm i forgot to put the pre-waxing oil on :lol: )

my biggest problem was getting the wax to behave on the stick! XD

the used pieces of wax remind me of wadded up gum :P

• Members
i just bought the gigi wax kit too! im going to try it at the end of the week, when my period is over. i might try it tonight on a less sensitive area of my body first though.

[EDIT] i just tried it on my armpits (which i have waxed before with a nair waxing kit- was very painful and NO hair was removed <_< ) it didnt hurt in the slightest, but im sure its not as sensitive as *other* areas :lol: i did have a teensy bit of trouble with residue on my right underarm (which i just realized is the arm i forgot to put the pre-waxing oil on :lol: )

my biggest problem was getting the wax to behave on the stick! XD

the used pieces of wax remind me of wadded up gum :P

Heat the wax up until it is very thin, like a lube. Be careful ,because it gets hot! Spread the wax on in a thin layer in the direction of hair growth. Under your arm 1/2 grows up, the other half grows down...separated by the crease. Does the Gidi kit come with cloth sheets? Make sure you pull with your hands very close to the skin...not up and away. If the hair doesn't come out you are 1) pulling in the wrong direction, or 2) pulling up and away, instead of back and away. If it clumps up the wax is too cold. Good luck!!!!!

SORRY!! After reading your post again I saw you were successful. Great job. And it didn't hurt me either....no shaving...(dancing around)

• Members

i did mine last night, and ohhhhhhhh so super soft and smooth. i soaked in a hot bath for about 20 minutes first...i really dident have any problems at all, dident hurt as bad as i thought it was going to. the spots i couldent get, hubby put the wax on and the cloth, but he wouldent rip it off so i did. no bruising or anything at all. :D i will NEVER shave again. ohhhhhhhhhh the joy of no razor bumps.

• Members
i did mine last night, and ohhhhhhhh so super soft and smooth. i soaked in a hot bath for about 20 minutes first...i really dident have any problems at all, dident hurt as bad as i thought it was going to. the spots i couldent get, hubby put the wax on and the cloth, but he wouldent rip it off so i did. no bruising or anything at all. :D i will NEVER shave again. ohhhhhhhhhh the joy of no razor bumps.

Which one did you use, the microwave wax or the one you put in the warmer?

• Members
Which one did you use, the microwave wax or the one you put in the warmer?

well i got the microwave one because i wasent sure if i was gonna like it, or be able to do it on my own, so i dident wanna spend the money on a warmer and such. and it was a pain in the ass because every few minutes i had to stick it in the microwave to heat it up again.

however, i was out that way, so i picked up the warmer.