Official Community Forums Home

Glass Dildos

• Members

I was interested in purchasing one and was wondering if anyone had any more info on this one:

TCGL63main.jpg

tootimid.com

I read the review and noticed that the reviewer froze it for a few minutes, but I didn't see anything in the product description that stated that it could be heated of frozen. I definately want one that can be used cold. I absolutely love the sensation of cold on my lips and in my vagina when I am all worked up and wet!

• Members

All glass dildos retain temperature well and can be heated up or frozen :)

• Members
IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!!

Ok Guys and Gals - you know I like to keep you informed - I just found out that NOT ALL Glass products (dildos) may be frozen or heated! This one can, the Ruby Slipper can, and many of the others I have talked about can. However, there are exceptions! PLEASE, PLEASE read the instructions that come with your toys to make absolutely sure yours can be frozen or heated before you do so - not paying attention to the warning may break or crack your glass toy - and that could cause an internal injury to you in your most sacred place - plus, you would loose your toy!

So, just read the instructions before you play! As always, Knowledge is POWER PEOPLE!

Thanks!

Mikayla

I was reading this before I posted. It is from 2006, so maybe they have changed them?? I just wanted to make sure before I ordered this particular one.

• Members

Not all can be heated or cooled. As Mikayla said, read the packaging and check online reviews!

Guest eminatic

i always thought when they said "cooled" they meant by running under cold (or hot for heated) water- not by actually freezing it.

another site i shop at has many of the same glass items as this site and they have a disclaimer saying not to freeze them...

• Members

You only leave them in the freezer for a few minutes to get them cold in such a way that they retain it for a time. Cold water will do the same to a lesser degree.

Randy.

• Members

If it doesn't state on the package that you can freeze/microwave the toy and you're not comfortable trying it to see if it'll work, then obviously don't. As Thurisas said, to a lesser degree, warm and cold water work just as well, are safer for you and are safer for the toy. Even if the package doesn't say anything about using water as a temperature-changer, your glass dildo is perfectly safe "soaking" in water.

• Members

I also would be careful placing it from extreme hot water to chilling in ice water without a cool down time. You don't want it to crack.

Just remember, most glass dildos are made of "pyrex", so whatever's safe for pyrex dishware, *should* be safe for your glass toys. I wouldn't recommend fully freezing a toy, cuz the severe temperature change from cold to warm may indeed crack it. They are usually safe to boil (for sterilization/cleaning), putting in the dishwasher, or putting in the freezer for a short amount of time. Again, check the instructions on the packaging to make sure that a particular toy is up to those things.