Official Community Forums Home

Oh Holy K-rap!

mystofpric

• Members

OKay so I was driving home from my part time DJ gig and i live out in the boonies. I off my exit,s et my cruise and try to unwind from prom(i'll save that rant for another time) I'm about a 1/4 of teh way home when out of NO WHERE this person, dressed all in dark clothing mind you, jumps into teh middle of teh road coming at me waving their arms. First I slam my breaks then I have horror movie flashes and drive off. I called 911 and sent help to them, hopefully. BUt seriously! I had bad vibes. I was pulling an all night road trip witha friend f mine driving home from PA, we're cruising through scraton and another person jumps out of the middle of the road at us. They were protecting a dead body, a human dead body. Yes that's right, I have terrible luck driving late at night. That time a person was walking along the highway, cut across the on-ramp and got hit. Ahe too was dressed in all dark clothing. Now I never drive with my high-beams on cause I never remember to turn them off when a car is coming at me, so rather than be THAT person, I just leave them off, they don't do that much more for me any way. What the F people!!! I'm still freaked out and shaking. It's going to be a long night of bad dreams for me.

• Members
OKay so I was driving home from my part time DJ gig and i live out in the boonies. I off my exit,s et my cruise and try to unwind from prom(i'll save that rant for another time) I'm about a 1/4 of teh way home when out of NO WHERE this person, dressed all in dark clothing mind you, jumps into teh middle of teh road coming at me waving their arms. First I slam my breaks then I have horror movie flashes and drive off. I called 911 and sent help to them, hopefully. BUt seriously! I had bad vibes. I was pulling an all night road trip witha friend f mine driving home from PA, we're cruising through scraton and another person jumps out of the middle of the road at us. They were protecting a dead body, a human dead body. Yes that's right, I have terrible luck driving late at night. That time a person was walking along the highway, cut across the on-ramp and got hit. Ahe too was dressed in all dark clothing. Now I never drive with my high-beams on cause I never remember to turn them off when a car is coming at me, so rather than be THAT person, I just leave them off, they don't do that much more for me any way. What the F people!!! I'm still freaked out and shaking. It's going to be a long night of bad dreams for me.

OMG that would have scared the livin’ @#!& out of me.

You did the right thing some people are FREAKS ( and not in a good way)

It makes me crazy when people wear dark clothing at night because U can’t see ‘em.

I live out in the middle of nowhere and only worry about stupid deer.

Glad you're going to be okay...

• Members

I don't think it's ever a good idea for a woman to stop! I can't say that the person attempting to protect the body was doing anything wrong. If someone else had hit him I would bet that they would have felt that they had killed the person. Even if they hadn't they would have felt guilty. Dressing in dark clothing isn't smart. They should have at least turned on their flashers to warn people rather than risk being hit by someone caught unaware. Glad you weren't hurt, only startled and somewhat mad.

• Members

I called 911 and sent them to teh people last night. I have no idea what they needed but if they were trying to get help, jumping out in front of cars is a bad way to do it. I hope everything worked out, I know other cars passed me heading that way.

The body in Scraton was a year ago, and she was unfortunately hit twice, the first car drove off an the second car stopped to help her. Yeah they didn't have anything like flares (which my older sister got me in a emergency kit) Hazards nada.

Basicly I was just terrified. Deer are scary enough for me in the road, people and bodies are a whole other thing.

• Members

911 was the best that you could do for them and for your own safety! And I know about your deer paranoia since we have them here also. I've had a few near-misses(if that makes sense), my middle daughter and mother have both hit one. Mom donated her deer to the wildlife dept. which takes it and distributes them to the needy but only if the accident is fresh. No roadkill. My girl was bawling like she had been assaulted herself which scared the shit out of me. I was putting my clothes on to go hunt someone down when she was finally able to tell her mother that she was crying because she hit the deer. I don't think the deer was hurt badly since her car was barely dented and had only hair stuck to it no blood. You should be glad that you are a defensive and alert motorist.

• Members

OMG thats creepy, especially them being all dressed in dark clothing. At least you called for help for them!

• Members
There are some real wackos out there. I am glad you didn't stop. These wack jobs count on appealing to your sympathetic nature to lure you into trouble. I'd still be shaking.

I don't think I'll be taking any late night gigs for a while unless i'm crashing in town somewhere. I had a tough time sleeping. I'd like to say that my parents taugh me well and that Their words of caution came back to me, but I've seen one to many horror movies start out that way. Honestly it was zombie movies playing in my head, and there's no way I was gonna be dinner for a brain sucking zombie.

You did exactly the right and safest thing!!

• Members

OKay so just an update, I was reading the paper tryingto find out what happened. It was a woman who had swerved to miss a deer and ended up driving her jeep into the river. So that's what that was, i guess I did the right thing be calling 911.

• Members

Glad for the update. =) Also glad you didn't stop - even though the situation was okay, it was still not Not NOT a good idea to stop and you definitely did the right that. That woman should never have been leaping in front of moving vehicles.

• Members
Glad for the update. =) Also glad you didn't stop - even though the situation was okay, it was still not Not NOT a good idea to stop and you definitely did the right that. That woman should never have been leaping in front of moving vehicles.

Yeah I would think that anyone who just swerved to missing a moving object wouldn't do the same to someone else! But then again, he phonew as probably in the car.