Official Community Forums Home

Watch Your License Plates!

Tyger

With all of the gas prices going up, and with the way that gas stations report "drive offs", please be sure that both your license plates are on your vehicles. There was a report on the news that people are stealing plates, going to the pump, and driving off. So, the REAL owners of the plates get in serious trouble because their plate was used in a robbery. So, just do a quick check that your plates are all there. If one is missing, report it to the police IMMEDIATELY. Don't wait!!

• Members
With all of the gas prices going up, and with the way that gas stations report "drive offs", please be sure that both your license plates are on your vehicles. There was a report on the news that people are stealing plates, going to the pump, and driving off. So, the REAL owners of the plates get in serious trouble because their plate was used in a robbery. So, just do a quick check that your plates are all there. If one is missing, report it to the police IMMEDIATELY. Don't wait!!

Damn. I only have one. And it's obvious to track. :) PA plates in NY! (thank god my sister still lives in PA)

• Members
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,356691,00.html _ sites to help find the best gas prices. IDK what areas are included but one may be yours!!!

• Members

We can't pump our own gas here so I think were not encluded. But thanks for the heads up

• Members

I saw the news story a night or so back and it is basically people who drive around in some cities and report gas prices of every station they find so that people can see who has the cheapest. Doesn't matter if it's full or self-service stations!

• Members
In NC you only need one plate..the other is just sitting there in my garage. I'll put it in a safe place.

http://autos.msn.com/everyday/GasStations....p;x=17&y=10

will also give you gas prices, just put in your zip code and it shows the top 20 in your area.

Thanks, I just checked $ and it's saving me $$$, for three cars. :D

• Members
Holy cow...we're only 3.86

we have had heaps of plates stolen here in sydney australia . my mate runs a servo , has about ten drive off every day. our petrol cost is 1.62 per litre .