Official Community Forums Home

I Met My Man Online

• Review Team

This is for anyone who has ever found love online or who doesnt believe in it. :)

The short version of my story is...

I met a guy online playing a first person shooter game called unreal tournament 2004. He was my clans team captian hehe. We began dating 3 months later in the spring of 05. He flew me down to TN round trip to stay with him and test out how we would get along. I had never flown b4 and my parents freaked at the thought of meeting a guy I never met. For some reson I had to do it. When stepping off the plane and seeing him for the first time I was like WOW. I told him 3 days later I loved him which was weird for me, normally Id never do that. From there that october I brought my 2 year old down for a 6th month stay to test out family life together. I also brought with me a ring and gave it to him and told him one day I was going to marry him. When we were no longer able to stay in the usa we went back up to canada where one month later he called and asked me to marry him. We began the lengthy immigration process for a fiance visa. In Aug 2006 I went to stay with him for a month for his birthday :) Finally after 400 in med bills, over 100 for passports and photos, 200 in immigration application fees, one plane ticket to the vancouver US consolate, endless paperwork, and 2 1 way tickets to TN we finally made it to the USA. We arrived in march and got married may of 07. I love it here but I really miss the snow :) We are still going through immigration and are awaiitng my authorization to work...takes forever. I engraved that same ring for our wedding day and it reads "Our love is unreal" (the name of the game we met on hehe) I truly believe in finding love online and without following what I thought was right and not what everyone else said I should of done in the end I couldnt of made a better choice for myself and my son. We are very happy as a family and hope to be adding one more to it in the future :) My love goes out to all who have taken risks to find what their heart was after :)

A few of my friends have found love online too. That's great that yours is a wonderful success story! Thanks for sharing it with us!

• Members

What a great story - glad your happy!

My brother-in-law met his now wife on eharmony. They are absolutely PERFECT together - and we just love her. It's worth trying....I know if something happened to hubby - knock on wood - I'd eventually go crazy being alone. I'd probably try one of those sites. Never know till you try!

• Members

I'm so happy for you two!!!!!! I met my fiance online as well. We met on Passion.com and started emailing in January. This weekend we moved in together and in July we will be married.

It is possible to find love online!!

• Members

internet love is real... I met my hubby on a yahoo chatroom. We thankfully lived about 45 mins or so away from each other. I basically lived with him on weekeneds, and now we're married... Yes there are a LOT of losers online, but I promise there are still some decent guys out there.

• Members

I'm another online gamer that met my BF online. We met on Dark Age of Camelot back in October of 2003. I was dating a fellow gamer at the time, and right around June of 2004, I realized that I was falling in love with R (boyfriend). I fought it until January 13, 2005, when I finally told him how I felt. He told me that he had felt the same way for over a year, but that he was going to let me have some time to figure out what I was going to do, as I was still dating M (my ex).

I broke up with M the next day, and R told me that he was going to be working at his cousin's place helping them remodel, and he should be able to come see me about 3 weeks later. On January 19th, I had an email from R telling me that he needed directions to my work, as he was going to pick me up from work on Saturday.

The next week was a whirlwind. On the 26th we applied for our apartment, got approved on the 28th, and on the 30th we were headed down to Arkansas to get his stuff and move him up here.

Been together ever since! We've had our share of rough patches (including a near breakup almost 3 weeks ago because he freaked out due to stress) but we've made it through in a stunning fashion.

Currently he's in Houston Texas while I'm tying up loose ends here, but I'm hoping to move down there soon so we can be together again.

• Review Team
I'm another online gamer that met my BF online. We met on Dark Age of Camelot back in October of 2003. I was dating a fellow gamer at the time, and right around June of 2004, I realized that I was falling in love with R (boyfriend). I fought it until January 13, 2005, when I finally told him how I felt. He told me that he had felt the same way for over a year, but that he was going to let me have some time to figure out what I was going to do, as I was still dating M (my ex).

I broke up with M the next day, and R told me that he was going to be working at his cousin's place helping them remodel, and he should be able to come see me about 3 weeks later. On January 19th, I had an email from R telling me that he needed directions to my work, as he was going to pick me up from work on Saturday.

The next week was a whirlwind. On the 26th we applied for our apartment, got approved on the 28th, and on the 30th we were headed down to Arkansas to get his stuff and move him up here.

Been together ever since! We've had our share of rough patches (including a near breakup almost 3 weeks ago because he freaked out due to stress) but we've made it through in a stunning fashion.

Currently he's in Houston Texas while I'm tying up loose ends here, but I'm hoping to move down there soon so we can be together again.

Thats awesome, do you still play game? I play alot of UT3 and COD4 with my clan. I recently got the chance to take over and pounced on it like a bunny lol :) I love you all have posted stories :)

• Members

We play WoW together :) Dark Age of Camelot is a fantastic game, but R kinda lost his passion for it after I started working for Mythic/EA in a volunteer capacity. Having to deal with me while I was dealing with the politics kinda killed it for him (and me for a while).

It's a great way to "see" him while we're so far apart, plus having TeamSpeak doesn't hurt at all.

• Review Team
We play WoW together :) Dark Age of Camelot is a fantastic game, but R kinda lost his passion for it after I started working for Mythic/EA in a volunteer capacity. Having to deal with me while I was dealing with the politics kinda killed it for him (and me for a while).

It's a great way to "see" him while we're so far apart, plus having TeamSpeak doesn't hurt at all.

Eww I am totally against TS. My clan uses Ventrilo, the sound quality is soo much better and its easier to use period. I mean you end up paying for it but its like a couple bucks a month :) In my case its 10.00 a month but thats because I have enough room for 50 people to join. We have alot of members 25-30 then guests so its good to have them.

• Members
Eww I am totally against TS. My clan uses Ventrilo, the sound quality is soo much better and its easier to use period. I mean you end up paying for it but its like a couple bucks a month :) In my case its 10.00 a month but thats because I have enough room for 50 people to join. We have alot of members 25-30 then guests so its good to have them.

I lived 5 hours away from my fiance for the whole year before we got married, and WoW/Vent was a great way to "see" each other :) Most people I talked to didn't understand how seeing an avatar, while not exactly like seeing face-to-face, sure beats not seeing anything! (and after hosting a TS server forever, I agree, vent is much better :))