Official Community Forums Home

Calling All Men

• Members
You mean I'm not 'real' or 'normal'? :(

I'm sorry guys, I'd hoped the quotes would help. I meant that you guys are awesome, and not the the normal guys we find out and about. You said it yourself though Iha, men such as we have here are hard to find!

• Members
Well I will admit I am a lurker but not for any bad reasons. I guess it is like going to a new school , you all seem to know eachother so well and I guess I am just shy to put my two sence in when know body knows me. So like sombody else said I read and learn alot from everybody. But from now on I will try to be more involved and get to know you guys "and girls" so it will be easer to jump into the conversation

YAY! Besides, you were in the chat room talking, your offically not a lurker! :) I dub thee Shy.

• Members
I'm sorry guys, I'd hoped the quotes would help. I meant that you guys are awesome, and not the the normal guys we find out and about. You said it yourself though Iha, men such as we have here are hard to find!

Are you sure they are hard to find, or just 'hard'? ;)

• Members
A quick look reveals:

In the first five pages of listings, there are about 66 women who have been active in 2008, with about 16 men being active in 2008...this sample seems quite representative, and I am quite happy with the statistic! Now ladies, don't go trying to sign up more men! ;)

Now, the question becomes: why so few men?

My answer to my own question would be: the guys we do have here are highly intelligent, enlightened gentlemen...a rare commodity in today's world!

IHA Thanks for the compliment to all us guys. Now if DW thought I was a "highly intelligent, enlightened gentleman" I would

be in 7th heaven. LOL.

Seriously, I've been married 40 years and the ladies have given me so much new insight into how female minds work. I hope to

never stop learning.

• Members

Add me to your stats! There is surely an odd ratio of men to women here but it's mostly because guys are intimidated by open minded and opinionated women. Lurking does let them get to know most of the people here and decide whether they are comfortable enough to stand up and say hello. I've always caught more anon's lurking about than I have registered members but a little urging such as this may help some of these people feel comfortable enough to get involved!

• Members
Add me to your stats! There is surely an odd ratio of men to women here but it's mostly because guys are intimidated by open minded and opinionated women. Lurking does let them get to know most of the people here and decide whether they are comfortable enough to stand up and say hello. I've always caught more anon's lurking about than I have registered members but a little urging such as this may help some of these people feel comfortable enough to get involved!

"Lurkers" sounds so...exciting! in a good and sexual way!!

• Members
Di's Guy pretty much nailed it. We try to help where we can but we take from the table much more than we bring.

Man

I'm here, too -- and I agree with MOHD...I contribute when I think I can, but I get much more from reading what the rest of you think (and do).

I'm also trying to stack the odds the other way, by having my wife join. Not successful yet, but I'm starting to think that maybe she's one of the female lurkers.