Official Community Forums Home

Calling All Men

• Members

How many men do we have here as members?

Does anyone know?

If not exact number, the ratio??

• Members
How many men do we have here as members?

Does anyone know?

If not exact number, the ratio??

I'm here Aiden so thats er one. :rolleyes:

• Members

Oh that's true I can check the general members listing. Now who wants to help me count?? :lol:

• Members
A quick look reveals:

In the first five pages of listings, there are about 66 women who have been active in 2008, with about 16 men being active in 2008...this sample seems quite representative, and I am quite happy with the statistic! Now ladies, don't go trying to sign up more men! ;)

Now, the question becomes: why so few men?

My answer to my own question would be: the guys we do have here are highly intelligent, enlightened gentlemen...a rare commodity in today's world!

I totally agree!... but I bet I know why... There are a ton of lurkers who just come here and nose around, betcha they are mostly male. Ever look at that at the bottom of the main page there will be like 6 members signed on and 37 "guests" Most guys don't like to talk about personal stuff. They just want to surf anonymously, and maybe get off reading stories. That's what I think anyway.

• Members
You mean I'm not 'real' or 'normal'? :(

Yea that kinda smarts a bit don't it? ~Man

GEEZ touchy! Just kidding I think you all are exceptional and most definitely real! But I think you know what she means. Dont you? :unsure:

• Members
Well whether there are 16 men or 5000000 men active, the ones we have are pretty amazing :]

Well said! *applause*

My better half, Thurisas, is an active member. I'll toss his name in as #8 cuz I doubt he's caught-up yet from hell-week at work.

• Members

And.. guess what? reason I asked is hubby is thinking of joining.

YAY! That will give Thur and Iha, Poon and Pappy more area to talk men stuff.. like tools and umm men stuff. Bj's ^_^ and of course all the other male perspective issue things.

Anyways I was curious and we were talking today about how many men really are on here, and I personally think it would be awesome if my s/o inputted to the boards.

I want to see more guys on here too.

• Members
Well whether there are 16 men or 5000000 men active, the ones we have are pretty amazing :]

Thanks LittleMiss Us guys will take all the ego boost we can get. Like a lot of other guys here I enjoy talking with you lovely ladies and we try to be as honest as possible and love contributing when we can it makes life more interesting and trust me we learn a lot from you ladies. ;)

• Members
And.. guess what? reason I asked is hubby is thinking of joining.

Hurrah! That's wonderful! So long as you're comfortable with it and it doesn't stop you from posting, I think it's fantastic that he's considering joining us! C'mon in, hubby -- the water's fine! :)

• Members

Nope would not make me uncomfortable at all, he reads my posts, and has full access to my pc, we don't hide that kind of stuff from each other. However it will be up to him. I think the board benefits from male input that's for sure.

• Members
Thanks LittleMiss Us guys will take all the ego boost we can get. Like a lot of other guys here I enjoy talking with you lovely ladies and we try to be as honest as possible and love contributing when we can it makes life more interesting and trust me we learn a lot from you ladies. ;)

Di's Guy pretty much nailed it. We try to help where we can but we take from the table much more than we bring.

Man

• Members
Nope would not make me uncomfortable at all, he reads my posts, and has full access to my pc, we don't hide that kind of stuff from each other. However it will be up to him. I think the board benefits from male input that's for sure.

I think that is great! Maybe it will inspire him!!! But now that I have posted stories and he has met me I am kind of embarrassed! but it's cool I'll deal with it...

• Members
I think that is great! Maybe it will inspire him!!! But now that I have posted stories and he has met me I am kind of embarrassed! but it's cool I'll deal with it...

Sun, your stories are damn sexy and who wouldn't like that? Don't be embarrassed. I think the men we have on here are fabulous and, because there are not many, I appreciate their views even more so.

• Members

Don't be he likes you, :lol: he's not judging you. And there's nothing to be ashamed about at all. Plus I didn't say he would be joining, he's just opening himself to it more which is good. We'll see.

• Members
Don't be he likes you, :lol: he's not judging you. And there's nothing to be ashamed about at all. Plus I didn't say he would be joining, he's just opening himself to it more which is good. We'll see.

Oh don't get me wrong I am not ashamed just a little freaked that an actual guy that I have met could potentially read that stuff and get a VISUAL having met me previously. Anyway, like I said it's cool I'll deal with it

• Members
Oh don't get me wrong I am not ashamed just a little freaked that an actual guy that I have met could potentially read that stuff and get a VISUAL having met me previously. Anyway, like I said it's cool I'll deal with it

Well I will admit I am a lurker but not for any bad reasons. I guess it is like going to a new school , you all seem to know eachother so well and I guess I am just shy to put my two sence in when know body knows me. So like sombody else said I read and learn alot from everybody. But from now on I will try to be more involved and get to know you guys "and girls" so it will be easer to jump into the conversation

• Members
Well I will admit I am a lurker but not for any bad reasons. I guess it is like going to a new school , you all seem to know eachother so well and I guess I am just shy to put my two sence in when know body knows me. So like sombody else said I read and learn alot from everybody. But from now on I will try to be more involved and get to know you guys "and girls" so it will be easer to jump into the conversation

We'd love to have you here in the forum...please give your input...everyone's opinions count. The more the merrier!!

• Members

Good for you DIF! C'mon in the water's great!