Official Community Forums Home

Finished

Twist

• Members

Well the guy I've been seeing for a few months, and increasngly falling for finsihed things on Friday. Apparently everything was there except him seeing a future or any deeper connection, and that's the part I thought there would be least problems.

It was only a few months but it was my first relationship in a very long time and I hadn't felt that good about anything or myself possibly ever. I felt cared for and wanted, but apprently it wasn't as mutual. I appreciate him being honest with me, and I understand why he finished things he said it himself that it would be easy to just carry things on for the sex. But I want him, and I miss him.

• Members

Welcome Twist!

I am sorry that this happened to you - break-ups SUCK - plain and simple. However, I have to hand it to the guy for being honest and seemingly sincere and caring about the break-up. You could have had 'no call back Joe' - the dude that just never calls back. I think this was for the best and of course you will miss him, but you will move on and find another - I am sure of it!

• Members
Well the guy I've been seeing for a few months, and increasngly falling for finsihed things on Friday. Apparently everything was there except him seeing a future or any deeper connection, and that's the part I thought there would be least problems.

It was only a few months but it was my first relationship in a very long time and I hadn't felt that good about anything or myself possibly ever. I felt cared for and wanted, but apprently it wasn't as mutual. I appreciate him being honest with me, and I understand why he finished things he said it himself that it would be easy to just carry things on for the sex. But I want him, and I miss him.

Twist, I know how hard it is to lose a relationship when you haven't had one for a while. It is like falling in the for the first time all over again when you have been without, and that just makes the whole thing much more difficult when it's lost. I agree with Mikayla, at least he didn't drag it out painfully over weeks, not that the pain isn't any less sharp. But you will recover, it will take a while. I had such a negative attitude after my last relationship..i.e., I'll NEVER find anyone..and I projected that everywhere i went (so my friends told me.) When you are ready for another relationship, you will need to gear yourself up and 'project' that positive attitude. it is easy to feel like it will never happen again. My best to you.

• Members

Nothing will ease the pain of a break-up but time. Take this time ot figure otu what went wrong and try to fix it before moving to the next relationship.

• Members

Twist,

I feel your pain, but at lease it was ended fairly. That is a positive, and your going to miss him and want him for sometime but that doesn't mean you won't find anyone new. Your young and the world is at your feet. Take some time, get a new hair cut or get your nails did and just generally do something that will make you feel better. That's number one, and remember your too amazing in your own right to be brought down by any man.

• Members

Thanks guys

I know it was ended at the best time and he did the right thing and I can't do anything if the right mix of chemistry wasn't there for him but I have a habit of blaming myself which just makes it a bit harder. I need to sort my brain out.

• 3 years later...