Official Community Forums Home

Introducing Toys To Wife

I have been married many years to the same woman:) She never has been much for toys and the few times that I have tried, she threw them away. However, recently I used a Hitachi vibrator on her and she came well and strong, and seemed to love using it. I am wondering if someone out there can help me with the next toy to use and what it should be?

• Members
Introductions of this type, if you do not already have lines of communication and understanding of open and routine new toys in your sex life should be done via discussion OUTSIDE the bedroom. You need to give her opportunity to have input and even to choose the toys herself!

Listen to Iha, he's a genius! Have a nice comfortable talk about toys and ask her to pick one out, she might be more open if it feels like her choice.

• Members

I agree with Iha. I love the hitachi but not when it's wielded the wrong way.

• Members

When I introduced my wife to a vibrator I went out and bought it, brought out and asked her

if she would be willing to try it, she loves them. If we wear it out and have to but a new one

she picks it out. I took my chance she would want to use it the first time.

• Members

Do you have a couple friend that she trusts that you can ask to bring it up to her? This is how I was introduced and even then it took them some persuading. I was too timid :D to even consider toys. Either way, definitely let her browse with you, or even ask her to pick one she might want to try and surprise you with it. I highly suggest the bullet to all beginners. I even buy them for my friends who have not yet been enlightened.

• Members

She may need to just sit with idea of toys for a bit too even feel comfortable talking about them, or considering them. Be patient, and don't give up. She'll come around in her own time, but if you push she'll probably resist.

• Members

I wouldn't have even thought of it in my marriage. Ex would have been insulted. But I agree with posters here..talk outside the bedroom, let her choose and let her get familiar with the toy herself before using it during sex.

Unfortunately, Pinky's experience and feelings are very, very common. Some people take great offense to sex toys, seeing them as a replacement in the bedroom, instead of an enhancement in the bedroom. One of the major obstacles is to get over that way of thinking. I don't know of too many people that would rather have a toy to have sex with, for that quick O, or to make love with their SO.

I agree with the advice already given. The intro was great! But, to have a toy be successful for her, she needs to be more open and willing to explore her body. She needs to find out what she really likes stimulated, and find a toy that will do that for her.

As you can see from reviews, what one toy may work for one woman, may totally bomb for another. The key to choosing what toy you think you will like according to what turns your crank! For example, Froggy just did a review on a magnetic clit stimulator. She didn't like it because the vibes were too strong. I purchased this toy based on her review because I LOVE strong vibes! In a few days, I will add my review for this toy too. That's one great thing about the reviews on here, there's sometimes more than one POV, which can be uber helpful to potential buyers!

For the next purchase, peruse the site together, read what the toys do, and, if the reviews are there, read them. Remembering that there is usually a longer review on the Sex Toy Review section here on the forum. We're only allowed 2000 characters on the shopping site, and I know of a couple of Reviewers (I being one of them) that have to cut down our reviews a lot for that site, but putting the more detailed one here in the Talk forum.

Good luck!!