Official Community Forums Home

Another Strike?

mystofpric

• Members

SO I was just reading about how teh Screen Actors Guild is pushing for more money via more revenue from DVD sales, tougher rules about online ads and a few other thinsg. The problem is that there are two Guilds within this group. SAG and the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists. The AFTRA has already offered a deal similar to what the Writer's Guild settled on. The groups are literally split in half and that could cause a strike. Hollywood still hasn't recovered from the writer's strike so my issues is why would you not settle for a good deal, just because it isn't exactly what you want? No one has been given more royalities, so why do the actors or rather some of them feel that they deserve it more? It's the camera men and the grips and the stage hands that suffer the most. They aren't making millions of dollars per film. they ar making maybe thousands. I dunno, I just think that they seem to be forgetting the art of it for the money. Like it just doesn't make much sense, they only just went back to work! Apperently some movies that are currently in production have some strike time built into schedules. What if we movie goers went on strike until the cost of going to the movies went down?

• Members

It's all about the drama! And here recently I haven't seen much worth the price they ask to see it. The reason they have no profit is because they think we will go see anything they are in no matter how stupid it is!

It IS sad that all this is going on, so recently after it supposedly being resolved. I hate all this drama too. I also don't often go to the movies. When I do, it's even more rare that I go to the full-priced one (which is about an hour away). I go to the local theater, that offers discounted prices. It's not the greatest place in the world, but it's got a big screen! LOL I usually end up buying a DVD of a movie that I seem interested in.

• Members

Just my opinion but I think you'd be crazier than any 7 knuckleheads I've ever met to go to a full pfice theatre an hour away if you have the discounted one right there!