Official Community Forums Home

Shipping To Canada

malorie

• Members

Hey folks! I'm new here and I guess this isn't TECHNICALLY a "pre-sale" question, since I kinda already made my first purchase.

However! I made the purchase on July 21st, so I was wondering:

1) How long does it take for a package to arrive in Canada for those of you who are in Canada and ordered? Is it closer to the 8 day or 15 day mark?

2) I have not recieved an email confirmation/tracking number. I called TooTimid about a week ago and they said I should receive one soon, I emailed TooTimid yesterday or the day before and have not received a response. Is it possible my order was lost even though the charges are sitting on my credit card bill?

3) I JUST discovered the disclaimer today that says additional customs charges may be added to Canadian shipments... how much are these "customs charges"? (I really wish that disclaimer had been made more apparent with an estimated amount at time of purchase... now I'm worried about some huge COD fee).

Thanks for your responses!

• Members

I can answer a couple of things. I have found that it usually takes about 10 working days to get a shipment to Canada and I have never had additional customs charges. I have found TT to be a very reliable company to order from.

Hi There!

Thanks for helping out Vanilla Bean. : )

There are a number of factors that determin delivery time. However, a good time frame is 7-14 days. I just looked up your order and it was shipped on July 25. I hope this info helps. I am puzzled that you email and did not get a response. We have a ticketing system that logs all incoming emails and they do not get removed until we make a reply. If you ever email us and don't receive a response in 1 business day (most are the same day or hour!) please email or call us. This might mean we never rec'd your reply or you didn't receive ours.

You do not have to worry about a huge COD fee. We find most times there are no fees but that is up to your customs office. We have many regular Canadian customers and we have yet to hear of any problems.

I recent your order via email. Just so you have it for your records.

Thanks for your business and let us know how this works out for you!

Rob

Hey folks! I'm new here and I guess this isn't TECHNICALLY a "pre-sale" question, since I kinda already made my first purchase.

1) How long does it take for a package to arrive in Canada for those of you who are in Canada and ordered? Is it closer to the 8 day or 15 day mark?

2) I have not recieved an email confirmation/tracking number. I called TooTimid about a week ago and they said I should receive one soon, I emailed TooTimid yesterday or the day before and have not received a response. Is it possible my order was lost even though the charges are sitting on my credit card bill?

3) I JUST discovered the disclaimer today that says additional customs charges may be added to Canadian shipments... how much are these "customs charges"? (I really wish that disclaimer had been made more apparent with an estimated amount at time of purchase... now I'm worried about some huge COD fee).

• Members

It may have never passed customs. The customs inspector may have confiscated, and enjoyed...........

just teasing. I grew-up in the U.S. not far from the boarder of Niagara Falls Canada , I remember It taking forever to get stuff. Be patient it will come.

I'm not sure which "side" of Canada you're on, but, also, if you're not aware, they had a tornado go thru parts of NH. I know of a couple people that had a longer shipping time than normal, probably due to the post offices that probably are near those areas. So, it may take a couple extra days. I hope you get it soon!

• Members

Thanks everyone for your replies!

I just got an email from TT this morning, so I'm happy about that. Unfortunately UPS doesn't track orders to Canada, so it shall remain a mystery when it will arrive (too bad it wasn't FedEx, I'm pretty sure they track orders globally.... lol, can you tell I'm ansy about getting my package??).

Sooooo, I will just try my best to be patient.... :D

Thanks again.

I'd give it a few more days. After all, this is only the 15 day mark. Sometimes it can take a while, especially up there, depending on where you are. Especially with all the whacky weather. If it were me, I'd wait 3 more days. If nothing comes, call Meaghan to see if she can track it.

YAY!! Can't wait to hear how they all worked out for ya!!

Weeeee, it arrived!

Thanks everyone for your tips and advice!

Great to hear! I was just checking this thread to see if there were any new updates.