Official Community Forums Home

Missionary -male Superior...extinct?

• Members

Two weeks ago, my wife and I had pleasurable, free and quite erotic sex. What made this particular session unusual was how it concluded: somehow we ended up in the missionary position/male superior (MPMS).

I honestly could not remember the last time that we had used this position. Married for almost 18 years, we have tried sexual positions (side-by-side is our favorite) that make it easier for my wife to cum while I am inside her, and MPMS was not doing that for us. In fact, the only time that she did have an orgasm in MPMS was the first time that we made love --- two years before we married.

After viewing other threads at this community message board, I have noticed that MPMS is very rarely anyone's favorite position or, quite frankly, used that often, especially as folks reach 25 years and beyond.

I would be interested in hearing from you all about the following:

1. When did you stop exclusively using MPMS?

2. Why did you stop using it exclusively ?

3. If you do use MPMS, is it still your favorite position?

4. Under what circumstances do you now use it, if at all?

5. Is MPMS "going the way of the buffalo"?

I look forward to the varied responses!

• Members

You know it's funny While I was pregnant ( I have a 7 month old) We couldn't do it in the missionary position and I really missed it! When we were able to do it finally after the baby was born. I orgasmed during just intercourse. I had not ever been able to do that before! When we have sex we do it in a lot of positions. (see my stories :) ) Missionary is definitely a favorite! Doggy style too. I think we tried different positions in the beginning just to experiment and see what we liked or what turned us on for variety etc...

• Members

I like MPMS with a little twist. He has to be holding my legs up and I push my hips to the ceiling. I love that the best....just that he can't last long like that so I don't get to finish like that.........but I love it.

• Members
I like MPMS with a little twist. He has to be holding my legs up and I push my hips to the ceiling. I love that the best....just that he can't last long like that so I don't get to finish like that.........but I love it.

Thanks for the response whitefanng!

When you are in this position, how easy or hard is it to achieve your own orgasm?

Maybe this is something my wife and I may try.

• Members

he holds my legs to his chest and he is on his knees. in which he is also holding me off the bed.....(but you can put pillows under her) and he leans back a little bit. that hits my gspot.

or the other variation i my legs closed, bent (i would say about 100degrees or a little more) and pushed to my chest and him leaning over me a little and you could put a pillow under her once again. and that hits my gspot.

not sure how those descriptions were for you. but I could come in no time...if he could last long enough...a couple thrusts and he can't take it any more.......so if you have good control over your orgasm......then its really easy to reach an "O" for her that is. Its easy for me to get to one!

And people never realize that positions reallly depend on the angle/curve of the mans penis...

like doggie doesn't do anythign for me......because his penis just doesn't hit my gspot in that position....

You kind of just have to imagine where your penis is going inside of her and where her gspot is and what angle you have to go to hit it. Thats how we found ones that work for us, cuz the "norm" gspot positions weren't working for us

• Members

We never stopped. We love it. His favorite is my legs up and he's holding my ankles with my butt against his pelvis. With my legs together I can squeeze him pretty hard :D I like it when he has my ankles and my legs open. I can play with my clit or he can, or I can and more often than not use a bullet to orgasm with him.

2. Why did you stop using it exclusively ? We never did.

3. If you do use MPMS, is it still your favorite position? One of them, yes. We look into each other's eyes during it or he looks down and watches his penis moving in and out of me.

4. Under what circumstances do you now use it, if at all? Most of the time. But we vary positions during sex. Missionary, doggy, spooning, we mix it up.

5. Is MPMS "going the way of the buffalo"? I doubt it. It's a great position.

I will add, if your wife is having trouble orgasming, get her a bullet. She can use it during intercourse and will pretty much guarantee her an orgasm. That and lube. Even if she is wet, use some lube. Once she is really slickery she may come easier.

• Members

We never stopped. We love it. His favorite is my legs up and he's holding my ankles with my butt against his pelvis. With my legs together I can squeeze him pretty hard :D I like it when he has my ankles and my legs open. I can play with my clit or he can, or I can and more often than not use a bullet to orgasm with him.

2. Why did you stop using it exclusively ? We never did.

3. If you do use MPMS, is it still your favorite position? One of them, yes. We look into each other's eyes during it or he looks down and watches his penis moving in and out of me.

4. Under what circumstances do you now use it, if at all? Most of the time. But we vary positions during sex. Missionary, doggy, spooning, we mix it up.

5. Is MPMS "going the way of the buffalo"? I doubt it. It's a great position.

I will add, if your wife is having trouble orgasming, get her a bullet. She can use it during intercourse and will pretty much guarantee her an orgasm. That and lube. Even if she is wet, use some lube. Once she is really slickery she may come easier.

Thanks, Aiden!

I will share your comments with my wife. My wife and I have orgasms in other sexual positions (e.g. doggie and side-by-side). I will talk to my wife and see whether we can try your suggestions in MPMS

• Members

Never did it exclusively! Whitefang said it, we do that one a lot! I tell her I'm going to stick her toes in her ears!!haha I can hit that spot and she can cum several times before I do!! As a matter of fact, we did this about an hour ago! She came twice and then it was my turn!! She will put her feet on my chest sometimes when we are in this postition! Several ways to do this and makes for easy access to her gspot! Hardly ever do or ever have used missionary postition much at all!!

Peace,

Mark

• Members
Two weeks ago, my wife and I had pleasurable, free and quite erotic sex. What made this particular session unusual was how it concluded: somehow we ended up in the missionary position/male superior (MPMS).

I honestly could not remember the last time that we had used this position. Married for almost 18 years, we have tried sexual positions (side-by-side is our favorite) that make it easier for my wife to cum while I am inside her, and MPMS was not doing that for us. In fact, the only time that she did have an orgasm in MPMS was the first time that we made love --- two years before we married.

After viewing other threads at this community message board, I have noticed that MPMS is very rarely anyone's favorite position or, quite frankly, used that often, especially as folks reach 25 years and beyond.

We first stopped using MPMS when I was very pregnant with my first child, I did miss it, but found I really liked other positions as well or better. It's still one of my favorite, because it's the most romantic. We switch things up a lot, but we usually use a variation of MPMS when I'm really tired.

• Members

I love MPMS. It was always the easiest way for me to orgasm from penetration. I love all the variations. But I can't figure out how to cum this way now. Slowly learning...

I will never give it up, though. I love how it feels in missionary and its variations. Just not to the exclusion of other positions!

• Members

With my current partner, if we get in a rut, it's usually female superior missionary. Recently, for about two weeks, we kind of put experimentation on the backburner and went with what was easiest. He's a little insecure when he's in charge and I'm usually the one to initiate penetration, so I'd just hop on and have at it! When we started switching it up again we started with regular ol' male superior missionary, and man... when you haven't done it in a while, you realize it's actually a pretty damn good position.

• Members

We still use it, with variations, and depending on which partner I'm with has a lot to do with how frequently. It is not now, nor has it ever been my favorite, but it did get a lot more attention during those conception years when I could elevate the hips immediately after. I would say after the early 30's we stopped using it nearly as much as we did prior to that.

Most of the variations are not a solid man-lying-on-top sort as much as they are more like Aiden described. MOT has its place, but there are so many more exciting ones!

~LG

• Members

I agree OPL, it's a favorite and there are definately times that I want only that, but I do like variety.

• Members

The best thing about it is being able to make eye contact and getting into some really deep and hot kissing, but stimulation-wise the best way to utilize it is like the others have said - with my legs either up, pushed back, or around and him either kneeling, on all fours, or standing! Plain old vanilla missionary alone just doesn't quite cut it without some hot variation thrown in.

Guest eminatic

i really like the feeling of my man's weight against me when he's on top and being able to run my hands through his hair and down his neck and back. i also like being able to wrap my legs around his waist (and he also says it is a major turn on for him)

• Members
i really like the feeling of my man's weight against me when he's on top and being able to run my hands through his hair and down his neck and back. i also like being able to wrap my legs around his waist (and he also says it is a major turn on for him)

You bring up a very good point. My wife has strong powerful legs, calves and thighs, and it is a major turn on when she wraps them around me when we are doing MPMS. BTW when she sometimes raises her legs in the air, I will nibble on her toes :)