Official Community Forums Home

Love My State, Hate The Bugs!

Tyger

• Members
I've lived in Texas all my life and only been stung by a wasp once, and that was because it was drowning in the pool I was swimming in and it got tangled in my hair as I was surfacing... can't blame him! I've never been stung by a bee. IMO, it's those goddamn fire ants you have to worry about!

I actually really love insects of all sorts, and I especially love wasps and hornets even though I am scared of them. They are beautiful creatures. I was out spotlighting at night and found a whole colony of them sleeping in a stone dam at the creek behind my apartment not too long ago. It was cool to be able to observe them up close without being afraid they'd take offense to my presence, I left as soon as my light started to bother them enough to make them stir.

Just look at this pic I found online... is there anything more beautiful than nature?

See I look at that and I get that creepy feeling in my neck. It just looks so angry and scary to me. Intimidating if you will! I do love bugs though. I did a whole curriculum unit on them when I was teaching little ones. :)

l_aa23330d3548e82971fc83bbee95dcfa.jpg

I prefer this little fuzzy bee... I guess I am a wimp!