Official Community Forums Home

Ex

whitefang2002

• Members

Ok as you all know im not working right now because im trying to get my fibromyalgia undercontrol. Been doing ok with that. Last week I applied at the clinic as a clerk. Waiting to hear back from them.

Ok now my ex calls me today and says.......the child support payments are goign to stop and im not sure when they will start back up. He got fired from his job....blamed it on me. (and I left him over a year ago). And is now looking for a new job.

That just kills me cuz I was living off that................now im like well, thanks. He knew 2 weeks ago and didn't call to let me know till now.

I'm just mad. I know I shouldn't have been just living off that and relying on that, but I didn't have much a choice when I couldn't work. I am trying not to freak out and worry about not having enough money to pay bill until I get a job and childsupport starts back up. Which this also means that my daughter doesn't have insurance through him anymore. Thank god I put her on state insurance just to make sure. Now I have to make a shit load of phone calls. One being to make sure the state insurance knows thats its goign to be primary now.

GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Just makes me mad.

• Members

Late CS payments put him in immediate "Contempt of court", and can be prosecuted but in some areas the amount has to run up to a certain figure. Check with your area DHS/CPS and see if there is a CSEU/ Child Support Enforcement Unit. Not only can they help you in the legal part of this but may be able to issue you the check through them and force him to pay the CS directly to them!

I know that my gf and I both have problems with weather and such but I doubt they are the same as what you are experiencing. Personally I stopped using air conditioners over a decade ago and fans are even starting to tread that fine line. (For those who may wonder why my gf and I don't sleep in the same bed). I don't think it's fair to force her to turn the fans off and sacrifice her comfort over mine. She already has scoliosis and who knows what other problems setting in as a result so she pretty much gets her way on this stuff.

• Members

So the good news is this: he still owes you that money. Simple as that until he gets a new job and they re work the amount of chil support he still owes you exactly what you were getting before. Go to the child support unit NOW reprot him as not paying, or better yet refusing to pay. Also they can probably help you in the mean time and if you use any public aid, HE has to pay it back! Or at least in NY.

• Members

Mine goes directly through the county. If they dont' get a payment, I dont'........and it jsut piles up. Cuz it comes direct out of his paychecks. They already said they can't do anything until he gets a new job. They can't just pay me the money because he is in SC no here in MN. The laws get kind of messed up from that.

All I could do I go to human services and see if I can get some cash assistance. But thats about. Yesterday I dropped off all my aplications that I had left to do. And no more new jobs came up at the employment office.

Yeah sometimes it sucks living in a small town.

• Members

If you do get into court with this see if it is possible to have this paid into the court. The judge will see any missed payments!

• Members

I would just rather let it go then to deal with the courts. I know thats sad, but i just don't like dealing with them because it makes more of a mess....and more stressfull which isn't good for my fibro.

I'll check into the cash assistance stuff...but that means I have to hide all my money...ie take anythign i have in the bank out....and make up some excuse to where it went. cuz otherwise they will wait till that runs out and then give me the assistance. thats what happened last time. they told me i wasnt eligable cuz i still had some money left.