Official Community Forums Home

Self-growth

Glorious

• Members

So I have been reading alot of the threads on self esteem and what everyone thinks that they need to improve on and how they can go about doing it. I'm a HUGE advocate of self growth and for that reason, I would like to introduce this link to some of you:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

Probably half of you may already be aware of this, its a very well known test. This is a psychology/personality test developed by the famous psycologist Carl Jung and then adapted by pyschologists Isabel Meyer Briggs. Everyone who takes it finds that it is almost eerily accurate. It subcategorizes you into specific types, like, for example I am an INFP. Each of those letters stands for something, and rather than try to explain it to you, I have posted the following information below:

The theory is that every individual has a primary mode of operation within four categories:

1)our flow of energy

2)how we take in information

3)how we prefer to make decisions

4)the basic day-to-day lifestyle that we prefer

Within each of these categories, we "prefer" to be either:

Extraverted or Introverted (relates to #1 above)

Sensing or iNtuitive (relates to #2)

Thinking or Feeling (relates to #3)

Judging or Perceiving (relates to #4)

Our Flow of Energy defines how we receive the essential part of our stimulation. Do we receive it from within ourselves (Introverted) or from external sources (Extraverted)? Is our dominant function focused externally or internally.

The topic of how we Take in Information deals with our preferred method of taking in and absorbing information. Do we trust our five senses (Sensing) to take in information, or do we rely on our instincts (iNtuitive).

The third type of preference, how we prefer to Make Decisions, refers to whether we are prone to decide things based on logic and objective consideration (Thinking), or based on our personal, subjective value systems (Feeling).

Are we organized and purposeful, and more comfortable with scheduled, structured environments (Judging), or are we flexible and diverse, and more comfortable with open, casual environments (Perceiving)?

Take 5-10 minutes to answer the questions at this link:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

When you've received your personality type, INTJ, ESFP, whatever it is, go to this page for information about yourself:

http://www.personalitypage.com/high-level.html

Also, if you are interested, at the bottom of each page, there is a section titled "personal growth" that allows you to effectively target your strengths and weaknesses, how to improve upon them, and also, insight into your love life, career, and other relationships. Its extremely helpful, I swear!!

Guest eminatic

hmm mine says:

INTJ

independent, original, analytical, and determined. Have an exceptional ability to turn theories into solid plans of action. Highly value knowledge, competence, and structure. Driven to derive meaning from their visions. Long-range thinkers. Have very high standards for their performance, and the performance of others. Natural leaders, but will follow if they trust existing leaders.

• Members

I'm interested to know if most of the people on this site are similar types or not! Eminatic, INTJ's are supposed to be GREAT natural leaders! Alot of them are supposed to be very interested in the science fields and incidentally, the INTJ personality type is pretty rare, worldwide you can only find about 3-4% of people who are true INTJs. Here are a list of your strengths:

Not threatened by conflict or criticism

Usually self-confident

Take their relationships and commitments seriously

Generally extremely intelligent and capable

Able to leave a relationship which should be ended, although they may dwell on it in their minds for awhile afterwards

Interested in "optimizing" their relationships

Good listeners

And Weaknesses:

Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times

May tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, rather than the desired emotional support

Not naturally good at expressing feelings and affections

Tendency to believe that they're always right

Tendency to be unwilling or unable to accept blame

Their constant quest to improve everything may be taxing on relationships

Tend to hold back part of themselves

So what do you think, eminatic, does this all sound like you?

• Members

OKay so I am ISFJ

Quiet, kind, and conscientious. Can be depended on to follow through. Usually puts the needs of others above their own needs. Stable and practical, they value security and traditions. Well-developed sense of space and function. Rich inner world of observations about people. Extremely perceptive of other's feelings. Interested in serving others.

Guest eminatic

well, i'd have to disagree on the self confidence. and i've never thought of myself as a leader....the only time i "lead" things is when im appointed without any say, or if its clear that no one else will do it...and then i stress so much about getting everything done on time that i almost always finish stuff early...lol...

every thing else sounds pretty accurate.

ahem, "Able to leave a relationship which should be ended, although they may dwell on it in their minds for awhile afterwards "

LOL! :lol: