Official Community Forums Home

Beginners Toy Basket

• Members

I need "toy advice" from the wonderful & savvy women in the audience, especially if you are aged 40+ & you recently discovered toys (last 2-3 years).

My SO has never used toys (as far as I know), and we've never discuss them. So I can't be sure how she'll react to this idea. I'm actually quite nervous. But I know that she could benefit from them judging from what you all have been saying about this topic. So with that in mind, I'd like recommendations for a "Beginners Toy Basket." When you were a "Toy Virgin" what should have been in your first toy basket?

I was thinking of the following kinds of things. I just need specific names of easy-to-use toys, etc. to get started.

1) Clit Vibrator.

2) G-Spot Vibrator

3) Water based lube (May be flavored too?)

4) Sensual Massage Oils.

5) sex instruction DVDs for couples.

6) sex toy instruction DVDs for beginners.

I don't want to overwhelm her or make her feel bad or inadequate somehow by giving this to her. I want her to feel loved, care about, & that its OK to explore what makes her feel good.

Thank you all for your ideas.

• Members
I need "toy advice" from the wonderful & savvy women in the audience, especially if you are aged 40+ & you recently discovered toys (last 2-3 years).

My SO has never used toys (as far as I know), and we've never discuss them. So I can't be sure how she'll react to this idea. I'm actually quite nervous. But I know that she could benefit from them judging from what you all have been saying about this topic. So with that in mind, I'd like recommendations for a "Beginners Toy Basket." When you were a "Toy Virgin" what should have been in your first toy basket?

I was thinking of the following kinds of things. I just need specific names of easy-to-use toys, etc. to get started.

1) Clit Vibrator.

2) G-Spot Vibrator

3) Water based lube (May be flavored too?)

4) Sensual Massage Oils.

5) sex instruction DVDs for couples.

6) sex toy instruction DVDs for beginners.

I don't want to overwhelm her or make her feel bad or inadequate somehow by giving this to her. I want her to feel loved, care about, & that its OK to explore what makes her feel good.

Thank you all for your ideas.

Wow.... what a gift. I fit your target market. If she is new and never used a toy before my recommendations are:

1.The Clit Kisser I love it!

2. I prefer my husband manually stimulating but this seems pretty good. Lucid Dreams or Waterproof G-Spot Stimulator

3. My favorites are:Too Timid Gel or Libido lift

4. check out the karma Sutra line, They're all great.

5. Better sex

6. Sex toys

The above are just suggestion. I hope you this will make your decision making process easier. Most of all Have fun...

And remember she may love it, or be inhibited by it. If she's inhibited by it don't give up, introduce things slowly, she'll come around......

Let us know what you bought and if she loves it..... good luck! :)

• Members

Ladylove, you are a treasure. I was so hoping you'd be posting a reply. I wish you & your SO were my neighbors. You could help me convince my SO of the value of the "enlightenment." Hope you didn't stay up too late responding. This will really help. Can't thank you enough. Just hope my SO doesn't think I've turned into Marquis De Sard.