Official Community Forums Home

Ok Ladies...need Input

angelkisses98

• Members

OK so, I was given an authentic chanel lambs skin purse for Christmas from my father. I am not a big hand bag kinda girl, nor am I a big name brand girl. I told my father this when he gave me a Gucci knock off bag. So, what does he do? Buys me an authenticated Chanel hand bag. Yeah, pop, shows how much you listen to me huh? So, instead of it sitting in my closet collecting dust, I'm going to sell it, and put it towards something I can really use, like school or stuff for the new house ect..

So, my question is this...if I put it on ebay what should I start the bidding at..Or, if I put it on craigslist, what should I ask for it? I really have no damn clue how much these things go for.

http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn96/an...nt=DSCI1257.jpg

here the link to the pic of it

• Members
OK so, I was given an authentic chanel lambs skin purse for Christmas from my father. I am not a big hand bag kinda girl, nor am I a big name brand girl. I told my father this when he gave me a Gucci knock off bag. So, what does he do? Buys me an authenticated Chanel hand bag. Yeah, pop, shows how much you listen to me huh? So, instead of it sitting in my closet collecting dust, I'm going to sell it, and put it towards something I can really use, like school or stuff for the new house ect..

So, my question is this...if I put it on ebay what should I start the bidding at..Or, if I put it on craigslist, what should I ask for it? I really have no damn clue how much these things go for.

Damn, first of all, damn! Um I'd just look at other auctions for similar bags and see what they are going for.

• Members

when i did a quick look and not for your specific bag...it was like $1000, but you would have to really try to google it and see if you can find what it orginally retailed for. Good luck!! :P

• Members

Ok here is what I know:

1. First check out Neiman Marcus, Saks, and Bergdorf Goodman. See what you can find in there inventory to compare.

2. If you can't find it could be a discontinued, or seasonal (like cruise wear) bag; or unfortunately it could be a very good fake. You need to go on the thought it's real, since your Dad told you it was real.

3. 2 major things effect this pieces price.

A. does not have the signature quilting

B. does not have the secondary signature chain handles

These two things will effect the overall $$, but it still has the large interlocking large C's so it's still very desirable

If you can't find it anywhere my best guess, because of the above mentioned, it is probably somewhere under $1000.

One can't be sure. It could also be we'll over $1000. if it was a brand new intro piece, or a special piece, done for a special reason, etc, etc... One just can't know for sure. Decide what you want for it and try.

I'm in a rush to leave this am, so if you have any questions just ask. I may not be able to answer until tomorrow, not sure.

• Members

http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn96/an...nt=DSCI1257.jpg

here the link to the pic of it

Well being an avid ebay seller myself I would suggest, before you list it, you do a search on Ebay to see if they have the same one, and how much they are going for. How many bidders they have etc. Finding out the demand of the item is a great way to see how you will do. Price yours similarly... let us know how it goes! :)

• Members

Welp, I did some research on how to tell if actually is an authentic bag or not..and, I think my dad got ripped off. It's a damn good knock off..has everything an authentic bag should have EXCEPT the serial number stamped on the inside of the bag. So now I will search ebay, find out how much knock offs are going for and go from there

• Members
Still probably get a hundred for it. I thought you had teh tags and everything for it though?

oh i do..but i did research..it has everything a real bag should have..down to the chanel marking on the shoulderstrap hardware. the only thing its missing is the stamping on the inside with the serial number.

• Members
oh i do..but i did research..it has everything a real bag should have..down to the chanel marking on the shoulderstrap hardware. the only thing its missing is the stamping on the inside with the serial number.

Should it be ona tag or something? Because if it was then it could have just been ripped out, if you can take it somewhere to have it authenticated then I would, do you have a macy's or anything like that around you? Or ask your dad where he got it, i'd be willing to be it's probably real. ANd you don't wanna short change yourself, I mean hell a real bag like that could pay a month's rent!

• Members

I have no idea what fakes go for, but the market is huge for knock offs. Good luck on selling it, I hope you get top $$ for it.