Official Community Forums Home

No Matter What Always Smile!

admiraltolokus

• Members

I finally got a picture of something that is very important to me and the rest of my coworkers in my area. A few months back I found a fortune cookie unlike any other with a very simple yet important phrase and made sure to tape it to the check device on the register in my area, I figured I would share it with yall.

gallery_667_138_552790.png

• Members
Oh it totally it, but the again everyone knows that eattiong chinese food always leaves you hungry. LOL The smile thing is true though.

I agree about the smile thing....

• Members
Hate to be a kill joy...... It's all bout the power of suggestion.

haha oh that is no kill joy! Yes it is about the power of suggestion, and that makes it better, smile now! :o haha *strongly worded suggestion*

• Members
that's cute, i was with a friend once and when she opened her fortune cookie it said "go ask your mom" :huh:

Someone was having fun when they were typing that fortune up... perhaps it was the monkey in the back room?!

• Members

You ladies are making me hungry... and especially for Chinese right now :(

• Members

Send me some! My restaurant closed and good Chinese is hard to find!

• Members

AH, thats a shame. Here in the northeast good Chinese is everywhere. Move on up here.

• Members

haha your in Ok too! Shouldn't be that hard to drive a ways to find one :P

• Members
I keep one in my wallet that says:

TO LOVE WHAT YOU DO AND FEEL THAT IT MATTERS--HOW COULD ANYTHING BE MORE FUN?

That one sounds great ^_^ can also have a lot to do with someone's job too!

• Review Team

I have kept a couple of fortunes:

"Your current plans will succeed." I was actually working on something at the time and it did work out.

"You are very important to those that really matter." I just had to keep it. :)

• Members
I have kept a couple of fortunes:

"Your current plans will succeed." I was actually working on something at the time and it did work out.

"You are very important to those that really matter." I just had to keep it. :)

Yes that last one really is nice ^_^

• Members

Smile and the world really does smile back. I tested the theory and paid attention to responses from people, and it can't help make you feel positive.

• Members

My gf brought me some from a new one that opened across the street from her job. I took about 2 bites and dumpstered that mess!

• Members

damn what a mess that must have been. Should have seen the little Chinese place in Lawton's mall a few years back! It changed hands and some Mexicans were working in there, the fried rice was NOT right, it was damn refried Spanish rice! They got their act together now though, got some proper people working the stall now.

• Members
Smile and the world really does smile back. I tested the theory and paid attention to responses from people, and it can't help make you feel positive.

That would also explain why our sales are through the fricking roof here and why our store is the best in its division for the most part, especially my little department!

• Members
That one sounds great ^_^ can also have a lot to do with someone's job too!

Funny that you would say that. When I got it, I had actually just started working in EMS. The ambulance crews met up at a local Chinese restaurant one day. It was kind of funny. We were all on duty, and there was a batch of 911 vehicles parked out front. So, when that's what my fortune cookie said, I thought it strangely appropriate. :huh:

It still remains true to this day. I do love my job and know that it does truly matter. It might sound bad, but really, how could anything be more fun? For me, at least! :D