Official Community Forums Home

Birth Control

• Members
Have the Mirena and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

Me too. I have very few periods now and when I do have one it is very light. I got it because of heavy periods. About 5 months later I became sexually active so I didn't have to worry about what birth control to use (always used condoms though).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Well by the time I was 23 I had 2 sets of twins. (My boys are 7 and girls are almost 3). I was DONE so I had my tubes tied. I had c-sections so they were already in there and had them fix that.

Although before that I was on the pill for two years and got pregnant with the boys (without trying) and then I was on the pill and used condoms for 3 ½ years and got pregnant again with out trying.

• Members

I'm on the vaginal ring! I guess most woman aren't on that.

Its 99.7% effective you know.

You put it in for 3 weeks, and then its out for a week for your period and then a new one is put back in.

You can't feel it either. I usually take it out during sex tho. If you take it out you are protected for up to four hours so after your play, don't forget to put it back in!

I wouldn't recommend the shot, it only has the negative hormone in it, the one that causes weight gain and acne.

Never considered pills, I would never remember to take one everyday!

~MK