Official Community Forums Home

Birth Control

• Members

We're still using condoms and the "pull-out" method. What's everbody else using?

• Members

Oh dear, your are taking a risk.... I use an IUD. Which is a great method only to be used by monogamous couples.

• Members
Oh dear, your are taking a risk.... I use an IUD. Which is a great method only to be used by monogamous couples.

It seems like it, but we've been doing it this way for the last 23 years. I guess I just don't leak :D

• Members

birth control pills

we both got tested before we starting dating and were monogamous

and sometimes condoms, not as often as we should, but he usually cums on me cause i like it, and sometimes i even catch it in my mouth hahah! (sometimes mid air kinda like im catching a piece of candy someone threw up in the air for me to eat! lol its funny )

• Members

Birth control pills, and as the person before me said occasionally condoms. I have to say they suck, i think i'm getting lucky that i haven't been knocked up yet i forget to take them too much! I would deff like to be on something thats NOT a pill so yea, anyone have any suggestions? what works for you patch, shot? I really dont want the IUD i have heard nothing but bad things about them

• Members

yah im actually really curious about the shot!

i heard that it really fucks up your period thou for some people, like some people wont get it for 6 months (now that can be a blessing haha) but then after u might get it really bad like my friend had her period for 3 1/2 weeks another time! however its really effective and sometimes after being on the shot for a while, if you stop getting it, you might not get pregnant for up to 2 years! (depends thou and should be relied on for birth control)

you get the shot every 3 months from your doctor

the best birth control is no sex, but thats not fun at all!

I was using the Pill for a year. Just ran out of the Rx, and we're back to condoms & foam. Yeah, I am sooooo not getting pregnant. When I was on the Pill, I used foam too. It's a bit messy, but hey, better to be safe than pregnant. I hope to get on Mirena, but first, saving for DD's adnoid/tonsilecomies.

• Members

I have the IUD (copper). I was in a long marriage and my doctor wouldn't tie my tubes but said that would work. It has wonderfully, the only downside is that every so often I have a heavier period and cramp more, but it's nothing compared to childbirth. Now I am also using condoms cause, well...i'm not married anymore.

• Review Team

I was on the pill for years and really loved it. They made my periods no more than three days long, nearly no PMS, no acne, etc. Then I had a long dry spell and since I have high blood pressure anyway, I opted to get off of them. Since then (about 6 years now) I have had three relationships. One of the men was "fixed" and with the other two I have used natural planning, in that I know the days I am fertile.

The one time I got pregnant, I knew the day it happened. I wasn't trying to get pregnant but I obviously wasn't trying to stop it either, or I would have said no that day. The little swimmers can live for a couple of days inside a woman and that is what got me. I ovulated a little over a day after we had sex. As most here know, that pregnancy ended without a baby, but my fiancé and I are talking about having a baby. We are not trying but again, we are not avoiding those key days either. I now only have one fallopian tube so it will be a little more of a challenge to get pregnant but we both figure that if it is meant to be, it will be. If not, then it won't.

• Members

I was (and will be again in two weeks) on the Depo shot. I LOVED IT!! What it does is for some people is stops your period, others it lightens it, some not a whole lot changes. I stopped getting mine although WOOHOO to that! Now the biggest concern most people have with starting depo is the dreaded weight gain. Well you may or may not experience this. So don't rule it out because someone might have putr on extra weight. They also recommend you take extra calcium on teh shot (i dunno about other BC meathods). Personally I pop the calcium when I remember to otherwise no worries. I'ma HUGE milk drinker. If you interested in the shot you can go here for more information so that your armed with some knowledge before talking to your doctor: http://www.birth-control-comparison.info/bcdepo.htm

• Members

The big "V" here. It's by far the best. We have 4 children (she 1 and I 3) and as much as we would like one of our own It's not really possible without a big financial commitment.

• Members
The big "V" here. It's by far the best. We have 4 children (she 1 and I 3) and as much as we would like one of our own It's not really possible without a big financial commitment.

That's what I'm thinking about getting but have heard horror stories from guys at work about the pain. How did yours go?

• Members
That's what I'm thinking about getting but have heard horror stories from guys at work about the pain. How did yours go?

Mikayla and her husband wrote a great article about it. He had it done around christmas time. I'm trying to find it for you.

• Members

Thanx for the article. I read it and it didn't seem as bad as what I've heard :) . For anybody who has had one, any erection problems?

• Members

Less pain than getting woken up by a screaming monster 3 and 4 times a night, every night, for weeks or months, when you still have to get up and trudge to work every day . . .

• Members
Less pain than getting woken up by a screaming monster 3 and 4 times a night, every night, for weeks or months, when you still have to get up and trudge to work every day . . .

I hear ya.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I wouldn't mind going for the snip, but my wife and I aren't sure that we are done having kids. At age 30 it is too soon to make that call I think.

But right now because she is breast feeding we are using condoms. She is looking at getting the shot after the baby stops breast feeding.

• Members

I used to be on Depo Provera and loved it. Unfortunately I'm prone to migraines anyway, and it didn't help with that. Now I've been on Nuvaring for 2 months and so far it's working out nicely.

• 2 weeks later...