Official Community Forums Home

The Pick-up

ladylove

• Members

Last night I went to a party which took place in a hotel. A friend of mine and I were softly laughing and talking as we were waiting for our husbands to get the cars. A man came up to us from behind my friends, stood there for a minute and said hello in my direction. I had no idea who he was, smiled said hello, and continued to talk to my friend. She swears he was trying to pick me up, I'm not convinced. It got me to thinking.... How does man decide who they are going to try to meet/pick up? Do they give the once over, glancing for a wedding band, or just go for it regardless? And what makes some women approachable and some not?; And what kind of man approaches a strange women who wears a wedding band.

• Members

Hi ladylove

I was never much into "picking up" strangers before I was married, but the FIRST thing I'd look for would be the wedding band. If there were one, that'd be a show-stopper. I think adultry is very wrong, and I would never EVER try to pick up a married lady. While I was married and out with friends, I'd never hit on anyone, and if some stranger would come up and "make a move", I'd smile, take it as a complement, and politely say no. Anyone who would try to pick up a married person rates very low on my morality scale. That's just the way this 40+ feels. I' know - I'm boring. And sad. And possibly in the minority. Too many married people fuck around.

SP

• Members
Last night I went to a party which took place in a hotel. A friend of mine and I were softly laughing and talking as we were waiting for our husbands to get the cars. A man came up to us from behind my friends, stood there for a minute and said hello in my direction. I had no idea who he was, smiled said hello, and continued to talk to my friend. She swears he was trying to pick me up, I'm not convinced. It got me to thinking.... How does man decide who they are going to try to meet/pick up? Do they give the once over, glancing for a wedding band, or just go for it regardless? And what makes some women approachable and some not?; And what kind of man approaches a strange women who wears a wedding band.

Just talking to or being near someone he finds interesting is sometimes all that a man is expecting. It does not have to mean he hopes to get you into bed just because he talks to you, flatters you, maybe even touches you on the hand or something. It can be fun just to have the attention of an attractive woman and never want or expect anything more.

• Members
Just talking to or being near someone he finds interesting is sometimes all that a man is expecting. It does not have to mean he hopes to get you into bed just because he talks to you, flatters you, maybe even touches you on the hand or something. It can be fun just to have the attention of an attractive woman and never want or expect anything more.

I like this explanation.....

• Members

I dunno, I think that would be a fine explanation if the woman weren't already in a conversation with a friend.

This strikes me a little bit creepy. Or maybe he is just some social misfit (worse of one than me) whose buddies brainwashed him into thinking, "If you see a girl you're attracted to, just go up and talk to her. You have nothing to lose," only he has no tact or charm to have any success.

• Members
I dunno, I think that would be a fine explanation if the woman weren't already in a conversation with a friend.

This strikes me a little bit creepy. Or maybe he is just some social misfit (worse of one than me) whose buddies brainwashed him into thinking, "If you see a girl you're attracted to, just go up and talk to her. You have nothing to lose," only he has no tact or charm to have any success.

Okay, you have a good point, but we're not talking about a teenage. Full grown man, dressed, and able to be in adult social situations. Doesn't fit. Maybe I just don't want it to, I don't know.

• Members
Okay, you have a good point, but we're not talking about a teenage. Full grown man, dressed, and able to be in adult social situations. Doesn't fit. Maybe I just don't want it to, I don't know.

He's probably a nerd geek engineer. Probably even works for my employer. He'd fit right in.

Or maybe he was a tad toasted?

• Members
He's probably a nerd geek engineer. Probably even works for my employer. He'd fit right in.

Or maybe he was a tad toasted?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Members

I think he saw you, was struck by your beauty and heard angels singing. :)

It is the only explination that makes sense!

• Members
I think he saw you, was struck by your beauty and heard angels singing. :)

It is the only explination that makes sense!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! This is it!!!!! :lol::lol: :lol:

***thanks Ohshelly, you are the best***