Official Community Forums Home

Vague-Booking/Posting Negativity With Businesses

Tyger

So, I belong to 2 Facebook pages for the little community I own property with with my mother, and where I use to live (my ex husband still lives there and my daughter goes there every other weekend). So, I like to keep myself informed as to what is going on there.

There's a small water company/utility there. Apparently, their workers left some trash. Now, someone posted pictures, and said "I wonder if *** Company knows that their workers leave trash behind/"

Well, I answered saying that I hope they called the company and let them know, and if they hear from a customer directly (stress directly), that I'm sure it will be addressed.

Seriously, don't whine or bitch and then not confront the issue with the entity or person that did the perceived wrong. Buck up or shut up, IMHO.

• Like 1

• Members

Wow.  How do they even know if it was the workers? It could have been some teenagers.  That is my first thought, my second thought is surely they could look up the number to the company and tell them that there is trash at that site.

I have noticed that most people use social media just to bitch, and if there isn't something real they make shit up.  I know that I am guilty of posting rants and raves, but I do hope that more than 50% of my posts are non-bitchy.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2016 at 10:48 PM, krisleightate said:

Wow.  How do they even know if it was the workers? It could have been some teenagers.  That is my first thought, my second thought is surely they could look up the number to the company and tell them that there is trash at that site.

I have noticed that most people use social media just to bitch, and if there isn't something real they make shit up.  I know that I am guilty of posting rants and raves, but I do hope that more than 50% of my posts are non-bitchy.

It WAS the workers because they were replacing water meters, and it was the meter boxes and a couple of water bottles left behind. So, the irritation is directed at the right entity. but, I agree, You need to direct the complaints to the right person. Not just on FB!

I think that some people don't like having to confront anyone, but that's life. You have to confront people every now and again. If people don't know there's a problem, they can't help fix or defend it. And, if you don't make your concerns known, you will just stew and be bitter.

And, yes, I told them on that post to contact the said company to make their concerns known, and not to just post on FB.

• Like 2

• Review Team

people use social media to bitch because a lot of people are afraid of confrontation, Unfortunately in this day and age you never know if the person or people are going to flip out or not

• Like 2

• Members

If you're public servant, you have as many bossez as the the town you work in has residents. 

Clean up after yourself. Plain and simple. If you do a job, pick up when you're done. If it's an emergency situation, maybe that's a different story. But in a normal, everyday work environment, pick your shit up. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Talk about whining on social media.  My school was in a lockdown 2 days in a row.  An hour each time.  During the lockdown parents tried to come on campus and take their kids.  We were in a lock down, duh.  We can't open our doors. We can't even leave to go to the bathroom.  So some parents went on social media complaining that the school did a horrible job and blah blah blah.  So stupid.

Turns out it was a young man with a bb gun.  He was taken by a parent and dealt with by police.  All just ridiculous.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

How many eyes did Mister BB gun PUT OUT while on his reign of terror??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just read a post the other day,  on the same page,  that a parent posted as a title: " Emergency 911" and it was about her son being stuck in a tree and screaming.  But she said she doesn't have time to look for phone numbers.  WTF????  You have time to post on FB,  but you can't call the actual number 911??????? Stupid b*tch.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • Members
On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 10:24 PM, Cyn said:

Talk about whining on social media.  My school was in a lockdown 2 days in a row.  An hour each time.  During the lockdown parents tried to come on campus and take their kids.  We were in a lock down, duh.  We can't open our doors. We can't even leave to go to the bathroom.  So some parents went on social media complaining that the school did a horrible job and blah blah blah.  So stupid.

Turns out it was a young man with a bb gun.  He was taken by a parent and dealt with by police.  All just ridiculous.

What a crock. I've never understood  why anyone (in authority at a particular school) would think locking kids up in their rooms kept them out of danger and here's my reasoning. When I was in grade school the doors all had a window. Seems to me a crazed gunman could knockout or shoot the glass out and shoot kids or the teacher. So by locking kids in a room with no cover or concealment just makes them trapped like rats.

Plus often when people young and old are scared they gotta pee. One would hope there's a closet in the room with a portable commode or at the minimum a 5G bucket some bottled water (gallons) some household (disinfectant) bleach and TP for the scared kids.

I have been a proponent for teachers custodial staff and other school employees who believe in or feel strongly about the 2A have that option to defend themselves and their students. Believe it or not not all of the states or school districts in this country are full of chicken little's scared of all guns all the time. Besides which why do any of y'all think bad people with weapons pick on schools? Simple answer for the simpletons here. Most schools are a GFZ and a target rich environment. Take the GFZ out of a school and the bad people that can read or have access to YT or a TV should get the picture when teachers shoot and kill the bad man or deranged person.

I had a (found in our new house) BB rifle the summer before I started 3rd grade. I never shot anyone's eye out nor injured my own self. Bought my first firearm at 18. Never in 46 years of owning smoke poles have any of mine hurt anyone else once. Those here that's gotten to know my kinky Redneck self know I used to love to stir up some shit here. I've mellowed out since I retired. I've adopted some basic common sense rules for me personal. When I follow these rules life is halfway decent for me. Even more so since I met my Jenny. If someone here is an anti gun person I would appreciate if you didn't comment with blatant criticism. You'll never turn me around and vice versa. This is me **playing nice.** I would appreciate the same in kind.

• Like 1

• Members

There actually was a parent that had a gun permit who worked for the police in another town and the school board wouldn't allow it to be on campus.  Ridiculous for sure.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
On 2/18/2017 at 5:11 PM, Cyn said:

There actually was a parent that had a gun permit who worked for the police in another town and the school board wouldn't allow it to be on campus.  Ridiculous for sure.

Way past time for Cyn and allies to shit can the troublesome school board and vote in some non brain dead individuals to protect the children.