Official Community Forums Home

Oh Dear, I Am Absolutely Mortified!

hopingtotry

• Members

I was so happy to open my mail box this afternoon...and saw my large priority box waiting on me! So i grabbed it and pulled the box out, only to watch each and every toy fall to the ground! THE BOX WASN'T SEALED! I am so mortified! There were only 4 people near, thank god, but i know at least two saw everything cause both of the guys were laughing and snickering as i scooped my toys off the ground. UGH. I wonder how many post office employees, not to mention my perverted nasty olf man of a postman saw my goodies along its journey to me.

Just curious if this has happened to anyone else. UGH. I guess i have to laugh about it. And hope to god that my post guy doesnt show up on my doorstep wanting to help me "play".

• Members

OK, this is absolutely OUTRAGEOUS! I have never had this happen...ever! The box came from TooTimid, right? My boxes are normally so sealed with tape I have to cut them open...in haste I might stress! I would assume that someone opened it before it reached you, unless you can tell it wasn't taped properly.

If it wasn't taped properly, then I would definitely call the 1-888 number above and talk to Meghan about it - she can definitely do something! If it looked like there was tape - then someone opened it somewhere - and you need to complain to your postoffice - and right quick! They don't need to know what was in it, but they need to know that your privacy was violated! Raise holy hell!

Sorry this happened to you. I had a similiar, but not as horrifying experience happen to me. I throw my "packaging" for my toys away in the boxes that the toys come in - after I do the reviews and such. Well, one day the garbage men decided to open up the box and go through and gawk at all my packaging! Now, you know they can see what was in there, the name of the toys, etc. While they were doing this I was walking to my garage and they were looking, laughing and POINTING, yes- grown men were POINTING!

So, I ushered my son into the garage, then stuck my head back out and said, "hey guys, see anything in that box you like? I am sure your wives or girlfriends would benefit greatly with any or all of those items - looking at the 2 of you!!" then went into my garage and closed the door.

I waited for them to go on down the alley before I pulled out my SUV! UGGHHH!

So, I hope you can take care of this!

Mikayla :(

• Members

I jsut checked it and it doesnt appear to ever been sealed...the little paper strip thing you pull off to stick it down is about 85% still stuck down! :(

I ordered two items, and luckily both were in the box, but nothing else. they generally include a packing slip, right? I didn't get one in the box...anyone know what is usu on them? is my card info on there? Or just the end numbers? A good friend referred me to this site, so i trust that it wasnt on purpose of course...but she says they include a packing slip and usually a brochure of some kind.

• Members

I have never gotten a packing slip in my orders so I wouldn't worry about your credit card number! I would still call the office on Monday and bring it to their attention though!

Mikayla

• Members

ok, well, no cc info sets my mind at ease a little bit! LOL. Still waiting for my dirtyoleman postguy to offer to help. ICK. He is always looking at me like i am a ribeye or something, lol :D

• Members

Hopingtotry, No CC information is on the packing slip only the last four numbers since I order from here alot. Also I have had a little similair problem with the box being sealed but not. IF you call the office they are great. Thank god only my hubby and the neighbor was there when my stuff came out of the box they neighbor who is also our good friend just asked where i ordered and I told him to check it out LOL his wife might like it. :)

Katprr is right, no CC info is put on the packing slips. Four the thousands and thousands of packages we have shipped, this post if the first I have heard of boxes 'popping' open. The priority mail boxes are self-adhesive and do not require taping. This adhesive obviously failed in these occasions. Even though this seems to be a very rare case, starting on Monday, we will began tapping these priority mail boxes.

Thanks for the feedback and please feel free to reply, email or call me at the office if you have any questions or comments.

Rob

:o I've only gotten 4 items here, so far, I may add, and I do get packing slips, but no CC info, and just a description of the merchandise (just the name I guess), and item number, and price. Mine are usually stuck pretty well together. 2 of my items came in padded envelopes, but those held up too.

I hope that doesn't discourage you, cuz that's the first I've ever heard of that happening, no matter where I order anything from!!