Official Community Forums Home

Lost The Ability.

crossroads123

• Members

I have been experienceing some problems urinating so the Dr. put me on some meds and I have lost the ability to cum. I still have the climax feeling it's just a dry climax. One of the meds is flowmax and one of the side affects is a decrease in semen. Any thoughts???????????????????????

• Review Team

Have you talked to your doctor about this? I would try that, see if maybe there is something else they could try that may not have the same side effects.

• Members
I have been experienceing some problems urinating so the Dr. put me on some meds and I have lost the ability to cum. I still have the climax feeling it's just a dry climax. One of the meds is flowmax and one of the side affects is a decrease in semen. Any thoughts???????????????????????

It's a small price to pay... if you can still have a dry orgasm and it's just as satisfying think of it as birth control. Not being able to urinate has a much higher price. But I would call your MD and let him know what's going on. If your putting out over a certain amount of urine each day, he may be able to decrease your dosage which may help with your dry orgasms, if not it's your choice. Treatment is always the patients option.

• Members
Treatment is always the patients option.

This is somewhat off topic, but:

People repeat that like robots. I think it's been drummed into our heads by the health insurance industry. The reality is, all to often treatment is health insurance company's option.

• Members

Actually, payment is always the insurance company's option, treatment ultimately lays with the patient and the capacity of their wallet if the insurance company doesn't cover a particular service.

I do have to agree with Ladylove. If you talk with your doctor there may be other things that can be done to help you. Its always good to speak with a pharmacist as well who may be better geared toward explaining the side effects of a medication.

Randy.

• Members
Actually, payment is always the insurance company's option, treatment ultimately lays with the patient and the capacity of their wallet if the insurance company doesn't cover a particular service.

Another good theory that doesn't hold up in practice. The reality is, if the insurance company refuses to pay, the treatment is stopped. By the time you find a way to borrow or raise money it's too late for the treatment. I only have 10 employees but I've seen this happen four times in the past five years.

• Members

I agree with most of Thurisas and Sunday wrote. However in the end it is truly the patient decisions to accept or deny medical treatment, for what ever reason, period.

there are times other treatment seem better that aren't covered by insurance that aren't affordable, but the decisions to accept or deny is in the hand of the patient.

• Members
I agree with most of Thurisas and Sunday wrote. However in the end it is truly the patient decisions to accept or deny medical treatment, for what ever reason, period.

there are times other treatment seem better that aren't covered by insurance that aren't affordable, but the decisions to accept or deny is in the hand of the patient.

That's all nice in theory.

IRL - Sister in law had her first child in a hospital. The she nursed it once before they discovered that the baby had some condition that required the child lay under a light in the hospital for some time (24-48 hrs I think). The insurance company wouldn't pay for the mother to stay, so the hospital sent her home. The child was left in the hospital without its mother and started on formula from a bottle. The mother never nursed her own baby again.

In theory, what you say is correct, but what choice did she REALLY have? First time mother, in hospital alone, had given birth only a few hours before, and she is supposed to suddenly come up with a way to pay for unplanned overnight hospital stays? If insurance had even paid for ONE night to give her time to think (and call me) I would have paid the bill. But they were in such a hurry to save a few hundred dollars that she was out on the street within 16 hours of giving birth to a sick baby. She had to come see her day-old baby girl during visiting hours.

One reason I HATE insurance companies. I have many more.

• Members

Ok again...

when it comes to children and I have done it the hospital has special sleeper chairs for the parent or parents to stay 24/7. I myself have taken advantage of that. I know it can be done in more than one state, and it should have been offered to her.

still not sold

• Members
Ok again...

when it comes to children and I have done it the hospital has special sleeper chairs for the parent or parents to stay 24/7. I myself have taken advantage of that. I know it can be done in more than one state, and it should have been offered to her.

still not sold

You apparently know more about the facilities available in Memphis hospitals than I do. It must have been the mother's idea to leave her newborn and go home.

• Members
That's all nice in theory.

IRL - Sister in law had her first child in a hospital. The she nursed it once before they discovered that the baby had some condition that required the child lay under a light in the hospital for some time (24-48 hrs I think). The insurance company wouldn't pay for the mother to stay, so the hospital sent her home. The child was left in the hospital without its mother and started on formula from a bottle. The mother never nursed her own baby again.

In theory, what you say is correct, but what choice did she REALLY have? First time mother, in hospital alone, had given birth only a few hours before, and she is supposed to suddenly come up with a way to pay for unplanned overnight hospital stays? If insurance had even paid for ONE night to give her time to think (and call me) I would have paid the bill. But they were in such a hurry to save a few hundred dollars that she was out on the street within 16 hours of giving birth to a sick baby. She had to come see her day-old baby girl during visiting hours.

One reason I HATE insurance companies. I have many more.

Sunday, I hope that this took place many years ago. I realize that I live in a different part of the country, but I do work in a Neonatal ICU. We work closely with the nursery. Most of the time--in the 20+ years I have been there--mothers who are breastfeeding are allowed to stay at least 48 hours to be with a sick baby. By the way, the condition the baby had was hyperbilirubinemia--otherwise known as jaundice.

• Members
You apparently know more about the facilities available in Memphis hospitals than I do. It must have been the mother's idea to leave her newborn and go home.

I'm not insinuating any of that, and I've never been to Memphis :) ....

I simply think she didn't know her options.

My first incident was 20+ years ago with my own newborn, who had an extended stay and who I brought home with monitors. It's not easy and any new mother is in a state of distress in this situation. I wouldn't have know my own options if it weren't for extended family in the business.

If you feel insulted, that wasn't the intent.

• Members
Sunday, I hope that this took place many years ago. I realize that I live in a different part of the country, but I do work in a Neonatal ICU. We work closely with the nursery. Most of the time--in the 20+ years I have been there--mothers who are breastfeeding are allowed to stay at least 48 hours to be with a sick baby. By the way, the condition the baby had was hyperbilirubinemia--otherwise known as jaundice.

Allowed by whom? I'm sure the doctors and nurses recognized that allowing the mother to stay is best for everyone. But THIS insurance company said "No" the mother and child would both survive and it would save them money to send her home even though NO ONE would say it was best for the patients.

Want another one? My wife was in the hospital for 4 days. Her doctor said she needed to stay another day. Some doctor working for the insurance company in an office 250 miles away said In His Opinion she didn't need the extra day. He was 250 miles away and had never examined her, but he determined that she was OK to discharge. Because the insurance company wouldn't pay, the hospital discharged her prematurely. By the time I got there she was on the street, waiting to be picked up. Neither the f@&king doctor nor the hospital called me to see if I would pay cash. There is a mind set, even among doctors, that the insurance companies call the shots and no one argues with them. Do not doubt that insurance companies are in de-facto charge when it comes to your health care.

The doctors insurance companies hire to deny claims don't even look at the records. Their signatures are put on by machine. It's their job to use their MD credentials to deny care for patients they never see. In many cases they never even look at the claims.

You shouldn't have to have a lawyer by your side when you go for medical treatment.

• Members
I'm not insinuating any of that, and I've never been to Memphis :) ....

I simply think she didn't know her options.

Exactly. She might have gotten better care if she'd had the presence of mind to bring a lawyer to the delivery room with her. She was alone, her husband was in Iraq, and the insurance company that took their premium money and promised to pay for adequate health care took advantage of her. I think that's a problem.

• Members

I think what LadyLove meant was that Chuck has the choice to take the meds or not, i mean clearly he can get them, so rather than spin off too far let's bring it back to chuck and his problem..

I would talk to my doctor, if this is cause distress (which you seem to be concerned about it) or pain then you may need to try a different course of medicine. There is almost always a plan b. Further, this maybe just be a temporary solution and your doctor is working on something better? Talk to him, and like Thur said (btw HI RANDY!) talk to a pharamist. See what else your options are. Maybe do some of your own research. But keep us posted.

• Members
I think what LadyLove meant was that Chuck has the choice to take the meds or not, i mean clearly he can get them, so rather than spin off too far let's bring it back to chuck and his problem..

I would talk to my doctor, if this is cause distress (which you seem to be concerned about it) or pain then you may need to try a different course of medicine. There is almost always a plan b. Further, this maybe just be a temporary solution and your doctor is working on something better? Talk to him, and like Thur said (btw HI RANDY!) talk to a pharamist. See what else your options are. Maybe do some of your own research. But keep us posted.

I agree with all you've said. I was only taking issue with LL's comment to him that "treatment is always the patient's option." You have treatment options as long as you are educated enough to know them and strong enough to fight for them. You have to be a strong advocate for yourself to fight your way through the American health care system. That's my advice to Chuck - understand that you are in a fight between people who want to help you and people who don't want you to get help (because they'd have to pay for it).

• Members
I agree with all you've said. I was only taking issue with LL's comment to him that "treatment is always the patient's option." You have treatment options as long as you are educated enough to know them and strong enough to fight for them. You have to be a strong advocate for yourself to fight your way through the American health care system. That's my advice to Chuck - understand that you are in a fight between people who want to help you and people who don't want you to get help (because they'd have to pay for it).

Again Sun, and i say this with love, but I think our darling Chuck wanted advice or thoughts on his physical issue, not insurence. So let's assume he has the best health care money can buy and has no problem getting any treatment he may,or may not need. Chuck, come see me, i'm sure i can get you shooting live ammo again ;)

• Members
Again Sun, and i say this with love, but I think our darling Chuck wanted advice or thoughts on his physical issue, not insurence. So let's assume he has the best health care money can buy and has no problem getting any treatment he may,or may not need. Chuck, come see me, i'm sure i can get you shooting live ammo again ;)

Sorry, I don't know a lot about prostate enlargement, but I'll share what I do know. On the other hand, I use health insurance myself and buy it for my employees, so I am an absolute expert on getting fucked by insurance companies. I tend to talk about what I know.

Chuck. If you have an enlarged prostate due to infection and you are taking an antibiotic, the Flowmax may be temporary and won't be needed after the enlargement subsides. If you have chronic BPH there are a couple of different drugs, microwave therapy, RF therapy, surgery. Go on line and google BPH therapy and read up on all the therapies available. You should go back to the doctor tell him you want to try something different than Flowmax.

Here is a reality check:

Take your wallet, you may have to pay for treatment yourself. If the doc knows of a treatment and knows insurance companies don't pay for it, he might not even mention it to you, but since you've done your homework you can bring it up. On the other hand, he may offer something that insurance won't pay for, either way you'll need to pay for it yourself.

• Members

Now that's the kinda help I CAN USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D