Official Community Forums Home

Idea Encyclopedia

• Members

Here is my idea: start an 'idea encyclopedia' to keep your sex life from getting into a rut. Most folks tend to do only 'good enough' sex...as long as both orgasm, there is no effort put in to novelty. If everyone contributes a few ideas or actual things that they have shared with their lover, we can all benefit by coming to the thread and picking up ideas! To make the 'encyclopedia', we might list our ideas as either as: 'Romantic', 'Playful', 'Role Play', 'Tantric', 'Dom/Sub', etc.

Be sure to give creative directions that have some detail for those of us who are a bit dim!

Now, I have not had the pleasure of doing either of these, but hope to pull off the second one this summer.

So here are my first two contributions:

ROLE PLAY

This one is especially pleasing when SHE does the work for the idea: agree on the bar, club, or eatery that you will meet at and the time. Both work hard at dressing in a way that might be unusual for you, and is hot (like: no panties for her, and a nice silk shirt for him?). Act as if you are meeting each other for the first time...this is more fun when there are people at the bar that can overhear your conversation, etc. Play up the role play...make sure others around you pick up that you are picking each other up...

ROMANTIC

This one is very impressive if HE does the work for the idea: find an old fashioned picnic basket, and fill it with nice finger foods, like fried chicken, grapes, cheese, a bottle of nice wine, home made cookies for desert. Go all out: linen napkins, china plates and silver, wine glasses...and a soft blanket that is large enough to be under and over both of you at the same time....if you have your picnic late in the evening in a quiet park, you might get to watch the sunset, and even get inspired to other outdoor activities! Don't forget to pack in the lube and bullet vibe! The large blanket is for a quick cover up if needed,to avoid mosquitoes or the eyes of the surprised.

• Members

DOM / SUB:

I think that it can be specifically titilating to experiment with Domination and submission scenarios. I think that if HE was to realize how incredibly erotic women find a man who is in control and is aggressive about sex (not overly aggressive for new players) that a sexual situation where HE gives the commands and allows HER to be pleasured / pampered in a lightly restrained manner can be extremely satifying for all involved. Many women wish their man would treat them as an extreme sex object - something they want to touch, admire, tease, play with - and a DOM/sub situation makes that extremely possible. Both partners have to discuss the comfort level first, but after that all is fair. I would say that some light bondage, some sensory play (ice, feathers, silk) and a blindfold are a MUST. The basic idea here is to make HER feel completely idolized and to make both of you very aroused and connected.

TANTRIC:

I love Tantric sex. I love the overall connection of it. The slow seduction of it. The emphasis less on the actual orgasm as the connectivity of the souls involved. I would suggest a Tantic exercise in non-penetrative pleasure. Feeling your partner's reaction to touch - all types of touch. Not going into the experience expecting or desiring intercourse, and in fact, you agree NOT to have intercourse. You can get so incredibly turned on by just touching each other with no other actual 'sex' that it is a whole new experience in getting to know your partner. To do this, I suggest total nakedness in candlelight. Take turns slowly touching your partner, first him, then her. Use your fingertips, palms of your hands, light touches. Drive your partner crazy so that each and every inch of his or her body is aflame with desire. Then, cuddle up under the blankets and just....be.

• Members

DOM / SUB:

...The basic idea here is to make HER feel completely idolized and to make both of you very aroused and connected.

TANTRIC:

...Drive your partner crazy so that each and every inch of his or her body is aflame with desire. Then, cuddle up under the blankets and just....be.

Love it!

• Members

Love your suggestions too Mik. I have a question for you. What is the difference between tantric and karma sutra. from my reading they are both about connecting, slow and sensual awareness.

• Members

Love your suggestions too Mik. I have a question for you. What is the difference between tantric and karma sutra. from my reading they are both about connecting, slow and sensual awareness.

Well, the Kama Sutra is a book, or ancient texts really, that describe sexual awareness and a range of positions and ideals on how sex should be between two people. Like Tantra, it is based on ancient beliefs (Hindu for Kama Sutra; Asian influence for Tantra)

Tantric sex is based on Tantra, which is also anient beliefs. Tantric sex concentrates on the spiritual path to ecstasy and connectiveness. The goal is whole body sensation, or orgasm, not as much just finishing up. It is a journey to be taken slowly, delightfully and purposesfully.

did that help?