Official Community Forums Home

A Personal, Silly Issue

• Members

This guy and I have only been texting for about a month, knew each other from school, previously. Started talking again, he asked me for my number. I'd always had a thing for him, so I was very excited. Even though he's in a relationship now, I'm still psyched to even just try for friend.

He got his GED on 6/24, a Thursday, and I wrote to him: "Yay, you're done! When are we going to celebrate?" And his response, I think, was good because he wrote: "You tell me!"

The following Monday he writes like usual to say hi but I get his message too late. My response is kind of lame, and it's been a few hours since he's sent it. He doesn't write back. I didn't think that was a big deal.

Thursday he writes to me, the same what's up - starter to another routine and casual conversation. He sent it at eleven that night and my phone was off, so I didn't get it until the next morning.

Friday I tell him: "I'm off next week if you want to do something." That was 7/2.

Today is 7/5 and he hasn't written back.

I'm waiting to see if he'll write me tonight, he usually does on Monday for whatever reason. There's a concert this weekend I want to invite him to, but I wonder if he won't want to go. I don't see why he'd want to see me one week and so suddenly not the next. Plus, the day before I mentioned seeing him, he wrote to me. Maybe I'm worrying too much just because I'm excited to see him. I don't know.

• Members

Go for it !! Invite him. Take the initiative.

If you don't---you'll always wonder.

Good luck !

Oh, I certainly plan of inviting him! But my biggest concern is that if it's a bad sign that he hasn't written back.

If this guy was single, I'd be the first in line to say "GO FOR IT!!" However, you said he has a GF, & it's obvious that you have deeper feelings for him than that. He may be a great texting friend, however, a young guy, and even some older ones, like to play around. One of my hubby's best friends is a self-proclaimed DOG (he's only about 4 yrs younger than we are). I would hate for him to be trying to buddy up to you, just so he could get an extra "piece", and then never call you again, which is what DOGS typically do.

If he was interested in you "like that", he'd be single, and responding to you regularly (maybe not possible to respond each & every time, but still fairly regularly). If you do do anything, as in go see him, I would suggest that you go to a public place, and if he makes a move, politely tell him that you don't want to be used.

If he's doing this with his current girlfriend, what makes you think that, if he was in a relationship with you, that he wouldn't do the same thing?

Food for thought.

• Members

If this guy was single, I'd be the first in line to say "GO FOR IT!!" However, you said he has a GF, & it's obvious that you have deeper feelings for him than that. He may be a great texting friend, however, a young guy, and even some older ones, like to play around. One of my hubby's best friends is a self-proclaimed DOG (he's only about 4 yrs younger than we are). I would hate for him to be trying to buddy up to you, just so he could get an extra "piece", and then never call you again, which is what DOGS typically do.

If he was interested in you "like that", he'd be single, and responding to you regularly (maybe not possible to respond each & every time, but still fairly regularly). If you do do anything, as in go see him, I would suggest that you go to a public place, and if he makes a move, politely tell him that you don't want to be used.

If he's doing this with his current girlfriend, what makes you think that, if he was in a relationship with you, that he wouldn't do the same thing?

Food for thought.

Oh, no. If I ever ended up dating him, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he cheated on me, but only because he's been on and off with this one girl for a while now. He's always been a pretty nice guy, otherwise. I've know him, although more casually, for a few years now.

I'm just wondering if, because he hasn't written back to my last message, reguarding meeting up some time this week, he's rejecting me. Even though he was for it last week, and had texted me just the night before.

Having a text-based relationship has definitely added more into the mix when it comes to relationships, no matter who you are, or what stage of a relationship you're in. "Tones" usually can't be read right in texts. If he has ignored you, it's one of 3 things, he's forgotten about the invite, he didn't get the text (those do get dropped like phone calls sometimes), or he's ignoring you because he's probably doing something with his GF.

I'm friends with several guys, many of which are exes. It is possible to be friends with men. However, seeing that you do have extra feelings for this guy, I'd recommend that you find someone else to take to the concert, so you can avoid heartbreak which is bound to happen in this case.

Best Wishes!

• Members

Texting is the way of life these days: the only problem is, you never KNOW where they are, when they are gonna text, if they will text back, etc. I, personally, HATE texts and e-mails. It is too easy to hide in plain site and not respond when you don't want to. Using the good old fashioned phone works best - they don't answer, you leave a message. Then you KNOW they got it.

Now, don't get me wrong, I text A LOT of people. I e-mail quite a few as well. You add in Facebook, MySpace, my Blog, and Twitter - well, I am 'in the loop' and have met up with lots of new people and exes as well. However, if I want to make sure I connect, I call. No other way to make sure you are getting through.

As for the relationship - sounds like a friend relationship would be best. He is attached and you indicate that he cheats. Not the best choice. However, you can be friends, so concentrate on that.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been curious how this all turned out?

• 3 weeks later...