Official Community Forums Home

Question

lee591

I have been happily married for almost 8 years. I hadn't had aproblem with my sex drive. In the last month I have not wanted to do anything? I had no desire for it. What could be the problem?

• Members

Hi Lee, welcome!

There could be many reasons for a decrease in sex drive, let me suggest a few:

medicational changes (i.e. anti-depressants, mood lifters) - these can REALLY reduce sex drives

Life Stress - any money issues, career changes, marital or relationship issues

Children - having children not only adds stress, but changes your hormones

Boredom - being married 8 years, if you are not keeping the sex hot and interesting, then it gets boring and

then you are not wanting to do it as much

Peri-menipause or Menipause - I don't recall your age, but some women go through peri-menipause as early as their 30's

So, could any of these be your issue? Let me know and I will try to suggest something based on your response!

Mikayla :D

• Members

Welcome Lee! I just wanted to add one more comment since Mikayla hit all the stresser that could cause it. :) I wanted to let you know that a horomone change such as a Thyroid could also be the reason, since I at about your age I went threw a similair experiance. My sex drive was pretty much nothing and it wasnt the stress of life. I had a blood work up and my thyroid was really high also if that hormone is to low it can cause it to. I had my removed due to a medical condition.

Life and stress can also sure play a huge roll in your sex life, I have been married for 8yrs to and things in the bedroom can become just a thing we do to keep each other happy instead of a playground of adult fun. I thought I would also mention the tyroid due to your age and it is highly common in women.

Keep us posted!

• Members
I have been happily married for almost 8 years. I hadn't had aproblem with my sex drive. In the last month I have not wanted to do anything? I had no desire for it. What could be the problem?

• Members

hi lee i just put a similar question on the poll and stress played a MAJOR ;) part for me i was taken on to many

other people stress and plus being married and a mother took its toll on me so took the advice from tootimid and my husband and i started decreasing my phone calls,putting the kids to bed a little earlier,and just relax with my husband. and myself ( mikayla suggested) and it help

my husband and i didnt do anything sexual for a couple of days just touch,caress no stimulation and we talk the problem i was having out together and it really help me so take the Advice from tootimd it helps and share with your wife

lee it really did help me :)

Hi Lee, welcome!

There could be many reasons for a decrease in sex drive, let me suggest a few:

medicational changes (i.e. anti-depressants, mood lifters) - these can REALLY reduce sex drives

Life Stress - any money issues, career changes, marital or relationship issues

Children - having children not only adds stress, but changes your hormones

Boredom - being married 8 years, if you are not keeping the sex hot and interesting, then it gets boring and

then you are not wanting to do it as much

Peri-menipause or Menipause - I don't recall your age, but some women go through peri-menipause as early as their 30's

So, could any of these be your issue? Let me know and I will try to suggest something based on your response!

Mikayla :D

• Members

Lee,

Kids of ANY age are a major stress factor by themselves!

I can suggest one way of helpng to lift your libido,

Send the kids off to grama's or an aunt or uncles house for a fun sleepover night for them.

Do this on a day when hubby doesn't have to work, you two can talk, cuddle and spend the entire day getting to rediscover each other.

Take a long hot bath together, or a shower, spend an afternoon in bed making love and enjoying the entire experiance.

Trust me, this ALWAYS worked for me.