Official Community Forums Home

Please Help!

yukigurl

• Members

I do not know if this is where I would put this, but I need help with something very important!!

I am a mother of soon to be two, and DHS(Department of Human Services) took my daughter with no probable cause.Of course, when I went to court they had "found" one, but that;s neither here nor there.Right now, they want me to get a full time, non-seasonal job to show that I can support her, and when it is born, the new baby.I am having absolutely no luck in locating work, and my due date approaches, as does my next court date.My dad and step mom, on top of a whole list of others, are trying to get custody of my baby.I need a job desperately.Please, if anyone can tell me where I can find a job in Texarkana, Arkansas, I need to know.I would simply die if I lost my children for good.Shown below is the last picture I was able to get of my daughter.

post-10311-129045352864_thumb.jpg

• Members

I do not know if this is where I would put this, but I need help with something very important!!

I am a mother of soon to be two, and DHS(Department of Human Services) took my daughter with no probable cause.Of course, when I went to court they had "found" one, but that;s neither here nor there.Right now, they want me to get a full time, non-seasonal job to show that I can support her, and when it is born, the new baby.I am having absolutely no luck in locating work, and my due date approaches, as does my next court date.My dad and step mom, on top of a whole list of others, are trying to get custody of my baby.I need a job desperately.Please, if anyone can tell me where I can find a job in Texarkana, Arkansas, I need to know.I would simply die if I lost my children for good.Shown below is the last picture I was able to get of my daughter.

Wish I could help. I have no job to offer down there.

Wondering what "that's neither here nor there" means, as most state agencies will go to ridiculous extremes to keep children with their parents.

• Members

I do agree with Sunday--most states go to ridiculous extremes to keep parents with their children. However, I wonder if you could get a job doing something as mundane as McDonald's. It would show your intention to get a job, and then you could work up from there. Good luck.

• Review Team

This time of year a lot of retailers hire people that they then keep on after the holidays if they are good workers. You might try that to at least show you are trying.

MsLayD is right. Usually DHS goes to great lengths to keep families together. I know you said "no probably cause", and I'm not saying I don't believe you, however, take a serious look at the reason they say they took your child, search deep, and see if there's any truth to it, and why your parents are trying to get custody. My step-sister use to claim that DHS always had "phony" reason to take her kids, but homelessness, drugs, and alcohol usage are very good reasons to take children away (or even having those types of people in your house exposing your children to that sort of lifestyle as well). So usually there are reasons. The more soul-searching you do, and try to change any behaviors/habits that DHS says is a danger to your kids, the more likely you will have a better chance of getting your daughter back. BTW, though we are nice people here, this IS a sex ed site, and posting pics of your child on this type of forum may not be the best choice.

Many retailers do keep on their seasonal help afterwards, because they've proven to be reliable, helpful, and team players. You're not going to find a huge-paying job at first, but you can work your way up. Showing your looking, and are willing to work no matter what, will show DHS your sincerity. I would keep a copy of all of your applications that you submit for your own records, that way, they can physically SEE that you ARE in fact trying to find a job. Write down at the bottom of each copy the date you submitted the application, and who the manager of that particular place is so that, if they want to, DHS can follow up and see if you actually applied.

• Members

I believe legally they have to give you a reason. You may have been to numb or in shock when it all happened to have heard/understood everything they said. It may be as simple as a phone call or the papers served to you, on the extraction of your child from your home, to get to the bottom of this.

Also, you need to find out how they heard your home was an unsafe place for a child, or who informed them you and hubby were unfit to raise your own children. This part you might never be able to find out.

Until you find out exactly why they took your child you can not effectively fight back to regain custody of your child. Not having a job and being on public assistance is not a reason.

I would strongly advise you to seek public assisted legal counsel to get her back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...