Official Community Forums Home

How Did You Meet Your So, Or Most Recent So?

How did you meet your SO, or most recent SO?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. So, how did you meet?

• Review Team

How did you meet your SO or your most recent one if you're single? I heard a news story the other day that people meeting online is getting more and more popular, and that meeting at work used to be more popular than it is now. I don't remember the percentages, but found this interesting.

For me, I met my love online. The internet has become an amazing resource as the chances of having met him without it is slim to none (we were about 3 hours apart when we met online) and I can't imagine my life without him now.

Some say it isn't safe to meet people online but my thought is that a person can be a nut-case no matter how or where you meet. As long as you use some common sense, you can usually spy the nuts online even faster than in a bar or whatever, because the physical distractions aren't there.

So how about it? How did you meet? What are your thoughts?

• Members

We met online over 3.5 years ago via an ad I placed on Craigslist. I was very cautious and got very lucky. Yes I know that it can be dangerous but meeting a person at a bar can be just as dangerous. We talked for a month via email and phone before we ever met in person.

• Members

I met my SH the old fashion way, but think more and more couples are meeting via internet in some way. It's the wave of the here and now and the future.

• Members

I met him at work. We have keeping our affair quite secret since we work together. Although we don't work directly together, and neither of us is under the other, we both agree that it's better to keep our situation private. We've been "together" for almost a year now and it's been amazing!

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I met mine through mutual friends. One day my friend told me she was going to hook me up with someone. I was skeptical about it at first, but went ahead with it and four and a half years later we are still together.

• Members

Thru mutual friends. Not a planned hookup event. Just some of "us" and some of "them" got together for a day trip of sorts. Word got back to me that one gal thought I was swell.