Official Community Forums Home

Confused About Pregnancy Test

ok so i've never taken a pregnancy test before and i'm really confused on the results. i cannot tell if i am imagining a faint line, or if it was there before....this is a clear blue test, any thoughts on whether it looks positive or negative???

it is has been 8 days since i was supposed to start my period (which is not uncommon although i am usually in the neighborhood of 4-7 days late)

PA080443.jpg

• Members

ok so i've never taken a pregnancy test before and i'm really confused on the results. i cannot tell if i am imagining a faint line, or if it was there before....this is a clear blue test, any thoughts on whether it looks positive or negative???

it is has been 8 days since i was supposed to start my period (which is not uncommon although i am usually in the neighborhood of 4-7 days late)

PA080443.jpg

Here's my two cents for what it's worth. I would say wait 6 more days and if your period hasn't started... test again. Lots of things cause us emotional creatures to be late. In the mean time try to avoid drinking to excess and get plenty of rest, because stress can make you late too! Good luck and I sure hope it works out whichever way it goes! Let us Know.

yeah maybe i'm just freaking myself out unnecessarily lol. It's been almost a year since i've been off birth control and my period has been very erratic, it's not completely unheard of for me to miss a month (although that hasn't happened the last few months) anyway that picture i believe was outside the 2 minute time window, so maybe that has something to do with it. i read that the tests are more accurate if you do them first thing in the morning, so I used the second one this morning (this time keeping a closer eye on the clock) and it was a definite negative. anyway, I think I'm going to test with a digital one within the next few days just so i don't have any doubt in my mind about my eyes deceiving me :lol:

i did test with a digital the other day and it said "not pregnant" but i STILL have no period, which makes me almost 13 days late. i guess i'll test again in a few days and if it still comes out negative im going to just assume i missed a cycle (and now that i think of it, i actually spotted randomly in the middle of last month...maybe that could have thrown me off)

• Members

Don't know much about them, except when she hands the stick to me and it's still dripping wet and she is all giddy and excited, that means she's pregnant.

LOL, well I tested again yesterday morning (i'm officially more than 2 weeks late) and it still says "not pregnant" but I'd feel ALOT better if my period would show up <_<

• Members

LOL, well I tested again yesterday morning (i'm officially more than 2 weeks late) and it still says "not pregnant" but I'd feel ALOT better if my period would show up <_<

See a doctor, we got that and we was pregnant. Number two is now 16 months old

Glenn

omgggg dont tell me that! :unsure:

i figured i would see a doctor if i missed a second cycle, since its not that unusual for me to miss one. plus i'm due for my annual next month and i'd rather not pay two co-pays :lol:

we haven't even had any "accidents" so to speak, its just that this is the first time i've been sexually active in about 5 years, and the first time i've been late while sexually active so i'm all paranoid about it :<

(after my first experience with sex, I didn't think I would ever EVER EVER have sex again....i guess if i end up pregnant it will just show that i should have committed to that :lol: :lol: :lol: )

interesting, i didn't know that about the dyes, though the last two tests i took were digita (and yes, i have been taking them first thing in the morning)l. ugh now i'm stressing alot more than i originally was, i should have listened to my guy and not gone to the internet :lol: it's midterm week and i am also going out of town, plus our holiday rush has already started at work, so the earliest i'd even get to see my doctor in the best case scenario would be 2 weeks from now.

as long as i don't find out i'm pregnant when i'm already too far along to legally do anything about it i think i'll be alright <_<

[EDIT]

so i didn't think much of this but this is the 3rd time it's happened: i've been bleeding after sex. i've been having sex with the same guy for a few months and it's never happened before (except for the very first couple of times), it's only the last 3 times we've had sex...idk if that has anything to do with me missing a period though :blink:

hey, there are also plenty of children with no parents who would love to be accepted into a loving home and there are plenty of people who would be upset and offended at your ttc with so many orphans around. i could easily point you in the direction of people who would find it to be heartless, disgusting and selfish of you to insist on getting pregnant when there are children all around you who would love nothing more than to have parents. there is ALWAYS someone who will criticize every single thing you do, you just can't please everyone. that's just how it goes.

i was using the pill + condoms but had too many horrible side effects from the pill, so switched to condoms only (one of the effects of coming off the pill has been irregular periods). i am too young to be a candidate for surgical sterilization and there aren't any other reliable non surgical/hormonal methods out there. (although truth be told, even with a condom, he usually pulls out anyway :lol: )

that said, since i didn't feel like disclosing my whole life story to a bunch of strangers who probably don't care anyway, i made the decision sound very brief by cutting out all the details, but it is not a decision i take lightly and no, it would not be easy for me.

anyway in an effort to try to stop this thread from becoming a debate about abortion, i'll just add that the chances of me actually being pregnant are pretty low- we haven't had any condoms break or anything like that, just a missed period that has me wondering "what if?"

• Members

Hopefully this thread will not turn into a debate. Everyone has a right to chose what they do or don't want to do with their body. No one should be forced. I had 3 miscarriages before having my daughter and 1 after having her. I have had a friend have an abortion and another put a child up for adoption. No matter what I supported them in their decision as it was just th at their decision. That is part of living in the country that we live in. We have the right to chose for ourselves what will work best for us.

• Members

Lillie you are beingh very enigmatic about all this! But if you want a non surgical, non-hormone option for birth control talk to your doctor about the mirena, no hormones or surgery ( they can insert it at your annual and is only slightly more uncomfortable!). Also, not to be an alarmist but bleeding after sex is a bad sign. You need to talk to your doctor it could be something as simple as a small cut (make sure he trims and files his nails!) which untreated can lead to a massive infection or it could be an STI. Never let any odd pains or unexplained bleeding going unchecked.

• Members

If you don't want a baby and you are not sure what the test is telling you, go to your OBGYN. It is the only "for sure" way to tell.

Also, the FYI - The Mirena does have a hormonal component to it. It has progesterone in a very low dose that is active for the life of the IUD, which is 5 years. Talk to your doctor about your options and make an informed decision for yourself.

an adult wouldn't be so inconsiderate and rude of others feelings especially in this type of matter.

inconsiderate? rude? i merely brought it up as an option and you are so quick to point the finger and cry "disgusting" for choosing one option over another, hate to break it to you, but abortion IS an option in this country. i merely pointed out that for every finger you point you have 3 more pointing back at you. you don't find anything disgusting about insisting on getting knocked up,that doesn't change the fact that there ARE plenty of people who do. just as i don't find anything disgusting about recognizing that i cannot have a baby at this time,which doesn't change the fact that people will whine about it. but that's not what this thread is about, is it? :)

as someone already pointed out, mirena IS a hormone treatment, and the copper only iud's cause INTENSE cramping (which is why i had to go on the pill in the first place).

thank you for weighing the decision with logic shortstuff :>

also the bleeding thing, i suspect i might have a latex allergy, this started happening immediately after we switched brands (from non latex to latex) the problem is, they don't seem to make any non-latex ones big enough =/