Official Community Forums Home

My Rants & My Raves

ReadyToMoveOn

• Members

Rant:

How is it that a father can just sit by and not pay his child support. Come on he is determined to pay $63 a week which isn't anything plus 50% of her extra curricular activities. Since he lives with his mom since the divorce became final he has had 3 jobs in less than a year. Now is 7 weeks behind in child support as well as not paying towards her activities. He thought that trading watching his daughter he would ask for credit towards child support. He thought for each day he watched her I would credit one week. What damn planet are you from. It will cost me $25 a day for care for her. He is such a joke. Talked to the caseworker for child support and they are trying to enforce it. They sent him a letter that he must respond to by catching up the child support or appearing before a judge who can put him in jail. Should be interesting how he handles it My daughter is 9 and understands that she isn't a big fan of her dad. She has noticed times when he is busy with watching football or being with his girlfriend that my daughter comes last.

Rave:

Looking forward to starting my new job on the 6th. Finally getting into my field of study ever so slowly. I have had such great family and loved ones who have stood behind me through it all.

• Members

Rant:

How is it that a father can just sit by and not pay his child support. Come on he is determined to pay $63 a week which isn't anything plus 50% of her extra curricular activities. Since he lives with his mom since the divorce became final he has had 3 jobs in less than a year. Now is 7 weeks behind in child support as well as not paying towards her activities. He thought that trading watching his daughter he would ask for credit towards child support. He thought for each day he watched her I would credit one week. What damn planet are you from. It will cost me $25 a day for care for her. He is such a joke. Talked to the caseworker for child support and they are trying to enforce it. They sent him a letter that he must respond to by catching up the child support or appearing before a judge who can put him in jail. Should be interesting how he handles it My daughter is 9 and understands that she isn't a big fan of her dad. She has noticed times when he is busy with watching football or being with his girlfriend that my daughter comes last.

Rave:

Looking forward to starting my new job on the 6th. Finally getting into my field of study ever so slowly. I have had such great family and loved ones who have stood behind me through it all.

Congratulations on the job SS! What field are you going into?

As to your rant, you are totally right on....how can someone walk away from their child & their needs like a cat walking away from the litter box? They get so caught up in their animosity to the ex that the kids get shafted!

• Members

Congratulations on the job SS! What field are you going into?

As to your rant, you are totally right on....how can someone walk away from their child & their needs like a cat walking away from the litter box? They get so caught up in their animosity to the ex that the kids get shafted!

I have a Certificate in Health Systems Administration. So I got my foot in the door at a local hospital so I am very happy about that.

He was telling me he is gonna call them and tell them he can't help he is behind that he can't find a job. Well stop getting fired and get off your ass and look for a job.

• Members

I have a Certificate in Health Systems Administration. So I got my foot in the door at a local hospital so I am very happy about that.

He was telling me he is gonna call them and tell them he can't help he is behind that he can't find a job. Well stop getting fired and get off your ass and look for a job.

Congrats SS on finding employment in your chosen field. It doesnt always happen that way, so Congrats!

As for your Ex not being employed and thus his reason for lack of support of his child. This excuse will not stand up in Social Services nor in a court of law. His payments or lack of payments will only accumulate. I am assuming he is around the same as you, which your bio states youre 37 yrs young. How does a 37 yr old man not have employment when he has responsibilities to his child. I dont understand at all.

Hold your head up SS, great rave to have today for yourself!!!B)

• Members

Congratulations to you SS! Glad your personal life is going great.

As for the ex, the courts will make a ruling and hopefully he'll abide by it.

• Members

Rant: Coming to check the board and feeling like I'm intruding on people's personal flirtations, especially when whole threads are being hijacked for it.

Rave: I move into my new place on wednesday!

I agree!!! and YAY for you!!!

• Like 1

• Members

Rant: Coming to check the board and feeling like I'm intruding on people's personal flirtations, especially when whole threads are being hijacked for it.

Rave: I move into my new place on wednesday!

Apologies if my Flirtations are intrusive to you. I dont believe my words to be flirtatious, but rather of a sexual banter. And most certainly not personal. I dont believe anything posted with these forums would be or can be regarded as personal.

And I actually like the sexual banter which has transpired, if it offends you, my apologies. I definitely am not trying to offend anyone, or trying to personally flirt, much less hook up with anyone.

I have engaged in sexual dialogue with quite a few posters, some more than others, but it isnt personal.

As for the thread hijacking, I belong to a couple Sports Message Board, thread hijacking is a common occurrence. Its not done purposely, at least on my part, but it is a common occurrence.

Anyhow, when I happened onto this site a little more than a month ago, I was happy to engage conversation with anyone and everyone willing to communicate. The site was dreadfully slow, and nothing was being discussed, definately nothing of a sexual nature. I am happy to see more involvement with these forums, I am sorry you view things the way you do.

BTW, Congrats on the new place. I hope it all works well for you.

• Members

Rave: Had a great weekend. At first it looked like it was gonna be a bust, but thankfully we turned it around. Had a great night of fun with the other half. Then had a bunch of girlfriends over Saturday to drink and play games. We had so many laughs.

Rant: That when someone gets called out on something because they let people down when they were expected to be somewhere and that somehow make it your fault. Bullshit move on as I will not deal with that shit.

• Members

Apologies if my Flirtations are intrusive to you. I dont believe my words to be flirtatious, but rather of a sexual banter. And most certainly not personal. I dont believe anything posted with these forums would be or can be regarded as personal.

The more involvement that you see, is mostly between you and one other person. They have PMs for that. It just frustrating that every time I start to get into a thread off you and the other person go. 20-30 messages later you get one maybe 2 posts by random other people pertaining to the original post. I like to laugh and joke and have a good time but not on every single thread so much so that you can't find the original content. That is annoying and not the kind of forum interaction I think you're implying is suddenly going on. See back in the day there were 20 or so of us who posted daily. Through the course of our own lives, this has slowed down, but I'm sure it'll burst back to like at some point. But not being able to get to the actual information and enlightenment that this forum holds because you have to shuffle through page after page of "banter" between two people makes it very unwelcoming. IMHO as I won't speak for anyone else.

• Members

The more involvement that you see, is mostly between you and one other person. They have PMs for that. It just frustrating that every time I start to get into a thread off you and the other person go. 20-30 messages later you get one maybe 2 posts by random other people pertaining to the original post. I like to laugh and joke and have a good time but not on every single thread so much so that you can't find the original content. That is annoying and not the kind of forum interaction I think you're implying is suddenly going on. See back in the day there were 20 or so of us who posted daily. Through the course of our own lives, this has slowed down, but I'm sure it'll burst back to like at some point. But not being able to get to the actual information and enlightenment that this forum holds because you have to shuffle through page after page of "banter" between two people makes it very unwelcoming. IMHO as I won't speak for anyone else.

I'll tell You what, I dont care to debate you, and I have enough worries in life not to be concerned much over an Internet Message Board...You're The Tenure Poster Here, I will tidy up a few things (which I have initiated), and I will be on m way.

No hard feelings, no grudges, no internet squabbles.

Thanks for listening and apologies for over stepping my boundaries...

Im Ready To Move On...Fitting name I guess...

B)

• Members

I'll tell You what, I dont care to debate you, and I have enough worries in life not to be concerned much over an Internet Message Board...You're The Tenure Poster Here, I will tidy up a few things (which I have initiated), and I will be on m way.

B)

No fighting please !!! No one wants you to leave....We are all here to have fun and share sexual discussions.

I don't believe her post was telling you that she wanted you to leave.

• Members

Yes SuzyP that other person your pointing a finger at I'm sure would be me. It's has been so boring on the board with extremely little action for months. I'm usually very proactive in trying to keep it going, that became impossible. I welcomed the company, BANTER and input. . If the BANTER disturbs you, I'll lay off, however, it's not the first time and certainly won't be the last time a thread gets sidetracked with the original intent was lost. The new technology you posted about looked like a joke, one I'd seen before. I in no way ever thought it was a serious subject.

• Members

B)

I'm by no means telling you to leave, I may have "Tenure" but i can't only speak for myself. It's annoy as all hell to try to catch up and skim through what seem to be personal conversations that do go further than just banter. Y'all want to chat it up then do! And Lady Love, I understand that the board gets slow, but having your flirtations on every single post on here, not just mine, make its very unwelcoming to anyone else. I get that flirtations happen, here more than most given the to[ics at hand, and I've flirted too, but come on, and just remember this a PUBLIC board and more than just you two use it!

I agree, I haven't seen it this slow, since I've become a member. There's only so much a few people can do. I do think that a lot of the Lurkers on here want the membership so they can see all the posts and so on, but are still too shy, or Too Timid ;) to voice their opinions/questions. Or, maybe they're perusing the site, looking for the answers to their questions. One will never know until they decide to speak up.

As far as you leaving Ready, I hope you don't. I really don't. Everyone has a right to speak/type their opinions on here, and try not to take everyone's words to heart if they seem upsetting at first. It's hard to judge one's "tone" online, since you can't hear any influctions in their voice, so try not to be offended. We welcome all sorts of people, from different walks of life, to disucss sexual issues, concerns, tips, tricks, and pleasures. It's bound to get "heated" at one time or another! B)

• Members

So, how 'bout them Mets? . . .

(sound of crickets chirping . . . )

To be honest, I kinda got a little chuckle from Suzy's rant. Not because the banter makes me angry or even annoyed. Just that I've noticed there has been a fair bit of it lately, and if I had my druthers maybe I'd prefer it to be a little less voluminous. But it's no big deal and it certainly never made me feel like I was intruding on someone else's parade. The board has picked up a lot in the last month, and if that means having some harmless banter as a piece of it, so be it. The alternative was a board that had what, one new posting a week at times? Or less? And the board has not just been slow the last several months. It's been slow for a couple of years. It would tick up a little here and there, but then stall again. Ladylove deserves a lot of credit for trying to keep it going; and her input is always welcome and insightful. Ready deserves credit for cajoling people into posting more and not sitting on the sidelines. I've tried in the past to spur things, and maybe I just smell bad but it didn't seem to do much good and I gave up.

As for Ready leaving over the whole thing, that seems a bit excessive. So one kid kicked some dirt on your shoes. It's not like all the kids from both teams, and the umpires, and the parents on both sidelines are giving you grief. B) But that's your decision to make, and if that is what you choose, good luck with the GF and the LDR, thanks for stirring the board up, and hopefully it won't stall out again too soonly. (Yeah, I know that's not a word.)

• Members

Ok...Straight Talk...

I appreciate all the input...

I wasnt offended by SuzyP's words. I felt she was offended by my style of posting and the frequency of my posting. I explained my stance in a way which I believed was courteous and within a Gentleman's Mannerism when speaking amongst Women.

She however took a different tone, or so its how I perceived her to be speaking. Tyger is correct, we never know the true tone of someones message upon an internet message board. However I wont begin debating any Woman nor will I begin name calling and or insultive remarks ever towards a woman.

I interpreted her words to be angry and insultive, not so much towards me, but towards other parties involved. So I thought it best to excuse myself from tthe fray.

I am the new comer here, she has been here for years. She knows protocol moreso than I. I didnt believe I had offended anyone, thus I stated so. She seemed to take offense, So we are, where we are ..Nothing more, nothing less...

• Members

So here's my 2 cents worth :D

I thought this was supposed to be a place where people could be free to talk about anything? Is it really that big of an issue that some people "play" around on here back and forth? If you don't like it then ignore it. This board has been pretty dead a lot lately and it was starting to get going. I was enjoying it. Did I care that 2 people were playfully flirting, bantering or having a good time? No, if I didn't wanna read it, I skipped it because I can do that. This is kind of coming across as we should all be careful of what we say to one another on here.

I apologize if I spoke too much about my personal life on a couple of posts.

No apologies necessary, you have not posted to much about your personal life.

and Thank you.

• Members

I'm by no means telling you to leave, I may have "Tenure" but i can't only speak for myself. It's annoy as all hell to try to catch up and skim through what seem to be personal conversations that do go further than just banter. Y'all want to chat it up then do! And Lady Love, I understand that the board gets slow, but having your flirtations on every single post on here, not just mine, make its very unwelcoming to anyone else. I get that flirtations happen, here more than most given the to[ics at hand, and I've flirted too, but come on, and just remember this a PUBLIC board and more than just you two use it!

You sound angry and this is Very Insulting.

• Members

You sound angry and this is Very Insulting.

Frustrated? Yes, then again it's a post asking for your rants so... Ya get what you ask for right? And insulting? I think not. I could have chosen to be insulting but I don't know either of you like that. Lady, you do post a hell of a lot on here and I imagine you helped carry the board while the rest of us aren't around, and ye,s you are to be commended for that.

What I'm talking about is the honest to god expressiveness of the banter. I don't think anyone should leave the board or anything as extreme as that, and flirty posts are fine, but when it is on damn near every thread, 5-10 posts per thread (a day) to the almost total exclusion of everyone else and the original topic then ya that's a bit much. If your insulted because I don't want to feel like i strolled upon boardline foreplay then sorry but that's the honest truth. Flirt and have fun, but just remember that there are other people here. That's my point.

• Members

Frustrated? Yes, then again it's a post asking for your rants so... Ya get what you ask for right? And insulting? I think not. I could have chosen to be insulting but I don't know either of you like that. Lady, you do post a hell of a lot on here and I imagine you helped carry the board while the rest of us aren't around, and ye,s you are to be commended for that.

What I'm talking about is the honest to god expressiveness of the banter. I don't think anyone should leave the board or anything as extreme as that, and flirty posts are fine, but when it is on damn near every thread, 5-10 posts per thread (a day) to the almost total exclusion of everyone else and the original topic then ya that's a bit much. If your insulted because I don't want to feel like i strolled upon boardline foreplay then sorry but that's the honest truth. Flirt and have fun, but just remember that there are other people here. That's my point.

One of the reasons I initially posted within the forums of "Too Timid" was because of the content of the forums, 1) It was sexual in nature, 2) The vast majority were adult and civil within...

And you are Insultive. I chose not to cross words with you, THATS A CHOICE BY ME, howvever should I take the same approach as YOU, I am capable of of defending myself and being the aggressor, as you say, " Ya get what you ask for, Right? "

You say youre not insulting towards LL or I, because you dont know neither of us. I am somewhat happy I guess I am not your Friend, imagine the barrage of insults thrown my way if WE were Friends, I care not to imagine of such loneliness..

There is an "Ignore" feature within the Too Timid Forums. I suggest you use it. It could help you with the eye sore of anything I may post or any other posts someone who isnt your Friend may post within these forums. If youre un familiar of its use, ask a Friend.

And Yes, This is a thread of Rants and Raves...However, I dont see anyone else posting with such angst towards other members of the Forums, or such personal attacks...

Thats My Point, Do you see It ?...Probably Not!!! <_<

• Members

Rant: Kill Joys :angry:

Raves: WendyNY, Brandy, Square, LadyLove, Tyger, etc.,...:D

I am attempting to make light of the entire situation, However I do appreciate the many who have made friendly gestures and supportive comments towards me, both here and in PMs (which I havent mentioned) ...Thank you!!!

• Members

Rant: Getting older. I don't quite like having more years behind me than ahead of me.

Rave: I have read that when you get older, you tend to have fewer colds cuz you've built up some resistance to the germies. That seems true for me, and when I get one they tend to be less intense.

• Members

or such personal attacks...

You're right, i missed your point. I didn't post a SINGLE personal attack. All I posted was my personal opinion. I didn't speak for anyone else, or even use foul language. So please tell me where and when I insulted anyone. Because your last two posts was dripping with venom and loaded with personal attacks. All I did, and I should note 2 people agreed, was state how I felt, that while flirting and banter is great, it does get to a point where there is SO MUCH it gets to be too much. That was my ENTIRE point. You want angry? You got it. Now I'm pissed. For you to take SUCH insult over my voicing a concern, all stated from my personal opinion and not speaking for anyone else, is absolutely ridiculous. You claim to be an adult but you can't even hear someone else's opinion without taking it to heart? Seriously? That's pathetic. <-- See, that? That's a personal attack. And that didn't appear anywhere else in my previous posts. Do i find it a turn off to the board to have to see 30-40 posts between you and LL on the daily? Yes. Again MY PERSONAL OPINION. Not an insult.

Do i think flirting and having fun is allowed? Yes, encouraged even, though the board is educational first and foremost. But there does have to be a limit otherwise this place would degrade to a free place to hook up. Which we've fought hard against in the past. Am i saying that you two are meeting up for am illicit affair? No. And if you did, its none of mine or anyone else's business. But like I've said before, remember that there are other people on the board who may not want to see it constantly, and it is hard to find the educational information when you have to shift through all that. Yes, I could ignore you, but eventually between flirts one or both of you may have something to add to the conversation. LL has started many great threads, and she usually has something important to add to the conversation. I don't really know you, but i imagine you have just as great things to say. Which really makes it suck to have to filter through the flirtations, and yes, that's what they are, they went past playful banter a long time ago.

So this will be my last post on this, But I really, really think you need to go back and reread my post as after FINALLY LISTENING TO ME when I say that I think there should be flirtations on the board, just realize that there are more than two people on the board and we don't want to read 30-40 posts back and forth. There are options for conversing with someone like that, PMs and the chat are options. That was my entire point! You are the one who took it personally and you are the one who started with the personal attacks.

• Members

Rant: Got my progesterone level checked yesterday morning and the woman drawing the blood turned her head sideways to read one of my tattoos, no big deal. Then she went "hmmm" and not in a "hmm thats interesting" way either. Then she made a comment about another one of my tattoos and then asked what that one said that she read and I told her it was a lyric from my first dance song at my wedding. She said "oh, your first dance for like prom or something?" (really I am 27 years old, do I look young enough to be going to a prom?). I told her it was from my wedding and she just gave me this look and said "hmm" again.

Rave: I got my progesterone checked :lol: One step closer to the IUI. Still have to wait till March but hoping mom won't have to spend that money because it will happen before then!! Got one more month to try.

Rave 2 (electric boogaloo): My sister found out she is having a boy which I find hilarious, considering the situation of this whole thing. For anyone who may not know, my sister and I are at odds because of this. I see it as being done on purpose and that she is settling, not to mention the things her man said to my husband and I when our baby died. It was very hurtful. He has mental issues, not to mention not worthy of her. Anyway, its funny because it will more than likely end up looking like him :lol:

Yes I can be mean and keep grudges. Judge me if you must.

Well not everyone gets tattoos, I get LOTS of dirty looks, but I love mine. and GOOD LUCK!!!