Official Community Forums Home

My Rants & My Raves

ReadyToMoveOn

• Members

Rant: My family might be the death of me. I was trying to sleep for work as I work overnights. I never turn my ringer off but I decided to this time. Well apparently my mom tried calling and must have dialed wrong and got someone who told her off so instead of dialing again she hit redial and well of course got the same person. She went into a panic and had my father call who got my voice mail and assumed that the person just wasn't answering my phone anymore. Then they call friends and family. I end up with 9 phone calls on my phone of people trying to get me. As my alarm goes off for me to wake up because my daughter would be coming home from school my sister in law calls and I answer. She was like what is going on. I had no clue what she meant so she told me oh and my mom emailed my local police department also so who knows when they might show up. I call my parents to have my father say I know what you are doing there and hangs up on me. So I wait 10 minutes and call back. I was like you know what I am doing ya I am sleeping for work tonight. He gets mad and hangs up again. She is also all over FB looking for me also. Gotta love an over protective intrusive family.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Members

The week started out really crappy. My daughter and I were in a car accident. Thankfully not injured were just a little sore. The other driver went through a stop sign and on top of it had no car insurance so I have spent my week dealing with all of that. UGH

• Members

Shortstuff I wish you a speedy recovery for you bumps. Auto accidents suck.

My rant: why do employers want 5 or 10 years of experience and graduate degrees but are only willing to pay $15 an hour. Why did I go to school for years to make less than most people working in factories? No disrespect for factory worker, it is hard work. But after 10+ years of college and even more experience it is discouraging.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

On one hand I am really happy the school year is coming to an end. My daughter has 10 school days left but on the other hand I will miss my random playtime during the day when she is at school. I work nights so it was nice to have this during the days but where there is a will there is a way....lol. I look forward to a couple of vacations we have planned plus our season passes to Six Flags and an local water park.