Official Community Forums Home

The Storm "sandy"

ladylove

• Members

Hi Everyone!

I haven't been on TT's forum as of late due to the tragic consequences of "Sandy". I myself only lost power for 5 days, and near misses from tree fallings which resulted in minor repairs & clean up. We were lucky.

There are so many families who have lost everything. I mean everything. There is only rubble where their home once stood, nothing salvageable. Even worse there have been some who have lost family members. The devastation seems never ending and is tragic.

I implore you all to please give what you can to places like the American Red Cross, Food banks, some schools have set up donation centers, anyplace reputable. Everything is needed. Although there are many who work in ernest to help, there have been those that seek to take advantage of this devastation by collecting money and goods under false pretenses. Please, please make sure you are giving to a reputable established fund.

If you are unable to give goods or monetarily I kindly ask to give of your time to help those still in need. These people are lost and some seem to be in shock still. They need support at the very least.

Thank you!

• Like 1

• Members

LL---I'm so glad you are ok---So sorry that your area got hit so badly. We are not right near NYC or NJ and thankfully we got only a very slight storm in my area.We have see the coverage of it on the News. I know that everything they have shown does not even begin to show the full devastation.

The company I work for and the girls school has also collected money for it.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the members on here who have been affected by it as well.

• Members

Thankfully I just ended up with some limbs down on the property and some flooding in my basement but yes the shore areas in my state of NJ have absolutely been devastated. I worked this past weekend within my town. Our girls softball organized a coin toss and goods collection. It was so great to see people helping in any way they could as well as we got the children involved also. It was a lesson to my daughter to see how thankful she should be for what she has.

• Members

Glad you're OK LL. For some reason this hits closer to home emotionally than hurricanes in the south. What a time of year for it to happen, just before the onset of winter.

Glad to see you're ok. I watched the news for days before & after the storm. What many people don't realize, is that we do get hurricanes up there, but they're usually not as strong as they are in warmer temps. Nor'easters are just as bad, compound them together in a short time frame, & it can be devestating. Much love to those affected by Sandy.