Official Community Forums Home

A Woman's Heart Is A Deep Ocean Of Secrets

• Members

So says Rose from the Titanic movie as an old woman, as she explains how she had never mentioned this Jack Dawson character to her husband or anyone else till now.

So how about it, is this true? Is it more true than for men? Do women have en edge over the men at keeping more secrets hidden deeper and longer?

• Members

I don't think so. Women like to have a lot of friends and they like to talk about personal things. The more people you talk to, the harder it is to keep yourself a secret. More men are loaners than women, and when we do talk it isn't about personal stuff.

I think that, years ago, this was true. Before the internet, befor social medias/forums became popular and the norm. People could keep secrets back then, and sometimes had too. Whether they didn't have the means to tell someone due to being secluded, or even in the cities, people kept more to themselves, and put "faces" on out in public. Hence why you don't hear about the bad things that use to happen (rape, child abuse, ect). People kept many things to themselves. It doesn't mean that stuff didn't happen, it just means that there were less lips flappin'. Now a days, it seems that more and more people try to one up each other on Facebook, and a few years ago, MySpace. It seems to me that more people put all their dirty laundry online, and then are shocked when people gossip about it. I think now, women are worse about that then men are. I have several online friends, however, I read more drama-filled postings from women than I do men. I keep my personal drama off of Facebook, though I have posted several things on here. Most everyone that belongs to forums/social medias is guilty of this in one form or another, though, I'm not bashing my own gender, but again, women seem to be worse at it now from what I've seen.

• Members

I do think women have a tendency to talk more than men, however, some women will only tell you what they want you to know. The rest are close kept secrets that never see the light of day. B)

• Like 2

• Members

So true Lady. I have secrets that my "real life" friends don't know. And I have only touched on in here. So I think we keep secrets to keep an illusion of ourself. Don't tell them everything about me they might not like it. Thats what I think. But I have many insecurities.

• Members

the cool thing about this board is if they don't like it, so what?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
So true Lady. I have secrets that my "real life" friends don't know. And I have only touched on in here. So I think we keep secrets to keep an illusion of ourself. Don't tell them everything about me they might not like it. Thats what I think. But I have many insecurities.

I had a knee jerk reaction to this when I firs read it. I decided to think about it before posting.

Here's my thoughts:

• My secrets are mine because I choose not to share them, not because I'm afraid "they" may not like me.
  • There's no greater turn on (to a man) than a confident, happy, secure women, no matter what her size.
  • Everyone wants to be liked, excepted and included but quite frankly at this point in my life I am who I am, take it of leave it.
  • If someone doesn't like you, it's thier loss, period! Move on.
  • Look forward to every day, find joy in the little things and always remember YOU ARE FABULOUS!