Official Community Forums Home

Has Anyonel Had Episiotomies Problems During Sex?

nosleepnmesa

• Members

Okay, I have noticed a few times now that, at times my incision site from my episiotomy will tear, not badly but I and also my husbad notice it. I am just curious if other women have had this problem. I notice it when at times I get a little to rough with my favorite toys :rolleyes: and also during hard core sex when hubby has my toys, or even when it is just him and no toys involved. Not a bad tear but a little one.

So this is for all the women who have had children and had a episiotomy. I have to say I am a little curious, this is nothing that is painful or really bothering and not a serious tear, just a little stretching that causes a slight tear. :huh:

Sorry about the plural on that I was just a little tired.

• Members

After having 5 kids, I can safely say, yeah, I have had this problem.

There is a very simple answer to it, lots of lube.

When my youngest was born, I was in labor a mere 35 minutes (yeah, I know the moms are gonna be screaming)

there was no time to prep before her arrival, no drugs, no getting the push bar up, no breaking the bed down, no calling the Dr. in, NOTHING.

she was so large that I tore very badly, they put in the stitches and all was well.

I take the baby to the Drs office, I go to sit in the car and I busted a stitch.

I went in for my 6 week check up, and the dr said the same thing, I popped a couple of stitches, I was for the most part healed, since the stitches were dissolvable, they were thin enough and just popped.

It doesn't bother me or affect me in any way, but since then, I don't tear either.

Now, I wouldn't reccomend that method to anyone.

Personally, my own theory on the whole tearing thing, I think those who only have 1 or 2 kids or have had C sections have more of a tendancy to rip and tear.

Those who have multiple children and have delivered most of those children vaginally have less tendency to tear because most of that small piece of skin is now mostly scar tissue wich is smoother and harder to rip even during jungle sex.

My advice?

just slow down a couple of hairs and use a bit of extra lube.

or get pregnant, have oh, i dunno, lets say triplets, deliver them vaginally, and you should be good to go.

• Members

Okay, I have noticed a few times now that, at times my incision site from my episiotomy will tear, not badly but I and also my husbad notice it. I am just curious if other women have had this problem. I notice it when at times I get a little to rough with my favorite toys :rolleyes: and also during hard core sex when hubby has my toys, or even when it is just him and no toys involved. Not a bad tear but a little one.

So this is for all the women who have had children and had a episiotomy. I have to say I am a little curious, this is nothing that is painful or really bothering and not a serious tear, just a little stretching that causes a slight tear. :huh:

Katprr.

I had an episiotomy 15 years ago...yes, sometimes I do tear? A few times I actually noticed I would bleed. An itsy bitsy amount. I am sure it was from the tear. Never hurt and went away very quickly. Never tought to even discuss it. Well until now... Was never a major cause for concern, it happens so infrequent. Ususally when I am not wet enough or have gone long periods of time without sex....It will be interesting to see how many people reply to this. Now I am curious as well.

• Members

Katprr.

I had an episiotomy 15 years ago...yes, sometimes I do tear? A few times I actually noticed I would bleed. An itsy bitsy amount. I am sure it was from the tear. Never hurt and went away very quickly. Never thought to even discuss it. Well until now... Was never a major cause for concern, it happens so infrequent. Ususally when I am not wet enough or have gone long periods of time without sex....It will be interesting to see how many people reply to this. Now I am curious as well.

• Members

LOL Whiskeywoman, I have 5 kids also. My last was the OMW he was 10lbs and 15ozs and 38 hours of labor No drugs I had all my kids naturally. Have more kids HECK NO LOL!!!!! I use lots and lots of lube but it still happens maybe I shouldn't play so rough with things :)

My last child was born 3years ago and I noticed that nothing has changed it still happens sometimes and yes sometimes a little bit of blood there.

• Members
LOL Whiskeywoman, I have 5 kids also. My last was the OMW he was 10lbs and 15ozs and 38 hours of labor No drugs I had all my kids naturally. Have more kids HECK NO LOL!!!!! I use lots and lots of lube but it still happens maybe I shouldn't play so rough with things :)

My last child was born 3years ago and I noticed that nothing has changed it still happens sometimes and yes sometimes a little bit of blood there.

Katprr,

I had this happen after my first baby. I asked my Dr. about it and he said it was quit normal. He did show my hubby and I a great trick to use though. You use 2 fingers and insert them up to the first knuckels with them resting towards your bottom, then you gently move your fingers in a simi-circle motion. Gradually increase the preasure. Do this for about 2 min every day.

The Dr. uses this to try and prevent women from having to get cut or tear duing deliveries.

Wiskeywoman... I got ya beat on the short labors. 15 min, and I deliverd her my self.... sure was glad it was my 4th and not my 1st baby. Had to use the 2 finger thing (I didn't tear thank God).... Hubby blinked and missed it all (he was on the phone to 911).

• Members

Kim, 15 minutes? wow, I'm impressed LOL

All of my labors were really short, longest one was 6 hours.

When you mentioned the 2 finger thing, you reminded me of something my doctor said, something about a perennial massage, when done correctly it helps stetch that piece of tissue and helps during birth.

I'll be darned if I can find the instructions for it now.

If I find them later today I will revise this post, unless someone else finds and posts them first LOL