Official Community Forums Home

Sorry, I've Been Mia, And Will Be Some More....

Tyger

We're buying this house, and BIL & SIL lived in it, and they were PIGS!! We've had lots of hours cleaning, hauling, heaving, cleaning some more, and still aren't done!! We've been going at this since July 5th!! Hubby works, and I work at night, so between work schedules, the need for sleep, our daughter, pets, everyday crap, and then that on top of it all, we've been very busy. I've done the majority of cleaning and hauling, BTW. <_<

Hubby wants to be moved in by this weekend, though I am not seeing that as possible, seeing I am going on a month-long trip to Maine Tuesday!!

I hope to sneak on here every once in a while while in Maine. But I will be very very busy with family and friends. I may lurk now and again, but I will be here!!

• Members

Congrats on the house....and we will miss you!

Don't forget to "christen" each room! Although, that is how I became pregnant with our son! :o

Mikayla

• Members

Congratulations on the house!!! Although the clean up doesn't sound like fun. Make sure you take a few breaks in the rooms and have a little alone time. :) I am sure you will break it in good!

Good Luck and see ya soon.

• Members

Congrats on the new house.....all that cleaning doe not sound fun at all.....but just remember aside from that and your everyday stuff (work kids etc) find time for you and hubby.....and have fun getting it on in everyroom in every way.......have a safe and fun trip to Maine......post when you get back......im sure you will have a lot of catching up on here to do.

congrats again and have fun.

Hrnychick

• Members

Ah, well, I'll forgive ya... especially cuz I'll get to see you when you're in Maine! *chuckle* Happy cleaning.. happier breaking-in the rooms, safe flight and lots of love! :)

• Members

Good luck

be safe and enjoy life just take one step at a time

CONGRADULATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AW!! Thanks all!!

If you want to take a gander at the disaster area that I am having to clean (everyone things I am stretching the truth as to how bad this house was), check out this link I made to the mess!!! Hint: don't eat while viewing!!

http://www.geocities.com/tygermajik/Disaster_House.html

All the rooms are cleaned out now, new carpeting in the stinkiest room, and living room. The ONE room that wasn't bad, was the parents room, of course!! The kid's room's rug had MOLD, yes, MOLD under it!! And the nicotine stains that dripped down the walls....well, ew!

I hope to "christen" each room, but it may wait til I get back. I am dead tired!! :unsure:

I will post when I can!!

• Members

My God, what a project. I think I would've given up from your descriptions with the pictures. Whew. What alot of work. But you can see under all that mess what a nice house it could be. I hope it is. I hope you have fun christening each room. :) My fiancee and I have started that with our house. :) We christened the upstairs, which is one big open room, but ours isn't finished. That was before the insulation was even up. :) Still, it was fun. :)

Hope you have fun in Maine, I alsways wanted to go there. :) But mostly cuz I'm such a big Stephen King fan. :)

• Members

After seeing that I would be gald I was going to Maine just to get away from that mess...WOW. We are looking at a repo house that is about the same condition. The only difference is all the furniture and mess is out of the house. Just the smell of urine and pet shit on the walls that need to be cleaned up. The bank that owns it is being real bitch about selling it. Oh well there will be other houses to come up. Hope your hubby doesn't work to hard while your away and hope you get moved in soon.