Official Community Forums Home

Fit To Be Tied!

Mikayla1

• Members

DJ2100-03main.jpg

Guys and gals, let me tell you – I am fit to be tied! Yes, it is true, I am! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to be tied down, up, over, or under! Bondage is a PASSION of mine. I just LOVE the feeling of being out of control enough so my hubby can take advantage of my helplessness and tease me until I can take no more! I have many different restraint systems – but sometimes you just want to be tied to a chair ya know?

That is where this WONDERFUL Japanese Bondage Rope comes in! If you don’t know (and that is OK) Japanese Bondage rope is specially made so that it will not chafe or rub your skin – hence, no OUCHIES when you are playing tie me up tango. If you are contemplating bondage, heed this warning: NEVER USE ROPE FROM A HARDWARE STORE! Those ropes will cause rope burn and will be painful. Japanese Bondage rope is smooth and soft – great for all kinds of play.

My hubby and I use our rope in two different ways – but YOU have to chose how to use your rope. The first is – to TIE UP – of course! I love to be restrained to a chair for example. If we are playing downstairs he can tie my legs, arms and body to a chair (legs spread of course) and do nasty things to me. There is 28-feet of this rope in one package (I have 2 packages on hand) so you let your imagination run wild! You can lie down and your partner can tie your feet and hands together for easier access. Create a dungeon effect by tying just your hands above your head and placing the rope over the door and tying it to the doorknob on the other side! There is no limit to what you can do.

The second way we use our rope is to tie up my breasts! I just LOVE to have my breasts tied up and out in front of me. There is a particular way to do this – so if you are interested – read up on it. The rope weaves in and out, around and over so that the breasts are tied taught and erect for your lover to tease. Combine this with some nipple clamps or a clit clamp and you are in a very submissive situation! Of course, this is our way of playing – it is always up to YOU!

I recommend this rope to anyone interested in exploring some light bondage. Bondage rope is safe to use – but remember it is still ROPE! Do not place it around the neck or tie it so tight that you loose feeling in the limbs. ALWAYS have a pair of scissors handy to cut your partner out – and NEVER, EVER do rope play alone! There have been deaths associated with rope play!

With that said, I hope that some of you will explore the idea of playing with bondage rope – cause I know in my sex life it is a fun way to add spice to a night at home!

Happy and SAFE playing to all!

Mikayla :ph34r:

• Members

Mikayla, just a question since I have never used rope before, would a regular pair of household scissors work well to cut the rope? Since I have heard alot about that type of rope I was wondering. Also I know that there is a really cool, I think it is a japanese bondage tech. that I was reseaching one day that involves rope, but can't seem to remember the name of it either, or the webpage for it since I thought it was extremely sexy.

Thanks! :)

• Members

Yes, you can use regular scissors. Also, the Japanese bondage play is called Shibari - it is how I learned to tie my breasts up. It is very intricate and HARD to learn. If you want to try it, get a book and practice, practice!

Mikayla

• 1 year later...
  • Members

The one problem with regular scissors is that u could get hurt with the sharp edges. A good suggestion is getting EMS / paramedic scissors which have rounded edges so therefore u can't get cut from the scissors. If rope is tight and u try to push regular sharp scissors underneath teh skin u run the risk of getting cut. Though a good rule of thumb with spots where circulation is a concern and u're creating knots leave that space loose enough to stick two flat fingers underneath. there are other safety and health concerns that you should go over and the best thing is to pick up a book AND attend a workshop or two. the hand-on workshops are invaluable because u really learn the basics and u can ask questions if u don't get something.

dk

Mikayla, just a question since I have never used rope before, would a regular pair of household scissors work well to cut the rope? Since I have heard alot about that type of rope I was wondering. Also I know that there is a really cool, I think it is a japanese bondage tech. that I was reseaching one day that involves rope, but can't seem to remember the name of it either, or the webpage for it since I thought it was extremely sexy.

Thanks! :)

• Members

Though I would have to go with the more experienced Mikayla on the types of rope to use I would also like you to know that regular rope can be used. Put a capful of fabric softener in a gallon of water and it will smooth out many of the rough spots in any rope. Some people prefer the rough side of hemp or sissal rope also. This rope in particular is one that I have heard many people praise though. And not only in this site. I have posted many links to sites on this type of bondage and I hoped that people were seeing them. Guess not. They are here in this site and I hope that safety takes [recedence above all. Safety scissors should never have a pointed tip but should be tough enough to cut the ropes quickly!

• Members

Pappy is right, you can use regular rope....however, because most of the questions that come here are from 'newbies' I like to suggest the safe rope first, and then when people get more comfortable, they can use regular ropes. As far as the cutting goes, most safety scissors won't cut through the ropes, but medical grade scissors will. the key is not to tie too tightly at first.

• Members

Since I didn't state it above it should be known that after soaking in softener the rope should be run through several wash cycles to completely wash away the chemicals before use. But I must follow Mikayla's recommendation about using safety rope such as this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

DJ2100-03.jpg

This rope is simple, soft for cotton rope and works well for it's purpose - bondage. Once you unravel it it's a good length and cotton rope is great because there's no stretch, which is important for a fair amount of ties. Also this cotton rope is a lot softer than cotton rope you'd get at most other places. In terms of diameter, i think it's 4mm. If you're thinking of trying rope bondage I'd say try both 4mm and 6mm and see which you prefer.

Most hardware store rope is nylon and although it's worked well for me, nylon can stretch like 15 percent or so so it's not the best rope to use for some more intense ties like harnesses and such. But I have to say the stretch has never been an issue for me, even with harnesses. Hardware store nylon rope is silkier in touch than cotton so that's why I've enjoyed it, and with a top that knows bondage, the type of rope hasn't mattered to me - cotton or nylon - because i trust that he knows the pressure point to avoid and such. But cotton rope is softer and works better in other ways so I'd say try both and see what works well for you. Also, cotton rope doesn't slip and knots hold better then in nylon.

Verdict - simple, soft and gets the job done. Would recommend for those looking for cotton rope.

http://shop.tootimid.com/index.asp?PageAct...amp;ProdID=4800