Official Community Forums Home

Tattoos: Hot Or Not?

Tyger

Do you like or love tattoos? Do you have some? If so, I'd love to see some of your ink.

Do you prefer tattooed people, or un-inked?

Preferences on tattoos?

I have 6 tattoos. My GF got one last year about this time. I don't like gory or gross tattoos. I don't like vulgar ones either, or facial tattoos. I agree, placement is key, and it can get out of hand for some people. However, if you have a lot, and they're tied together, that can be hot too, depending on the artist and tats.

• Members

I have one, and plan on getting more. I personally think they look sexy on a woman. And yes, it is a matter of placement.

But i wouldn't go out and get one just to get one. They would mean something special.

The one i have is a red headed pin-up girl, and her outfit, if you call it that, happens,to be done in green. I call it my little Irish pin-up girl. I am Irish, and to me, it's special.

I plan on getting a few more, once i figure out where i want to place them.

• Like 1

• Members

Just personal for me don't have any don't want any myself. My wife does not, but did date a woman once who did. I don't like it when they have a lot of them. Just me.

• Like 1

• Members

I am not a fan of tattoos. I see a really hot guy then see the ink and it is a turnoff, It is like putting Ketchup on Prime Rib! Why would you cover something up that looks so good? I know I am among the few but that is just me!

• Members

While I do not have any tattoos, I am not completely opposed to them either. If the art work is well done then they can be very sexy. I am not attracted to people with a full sleeve or most of their body covered. But that is just me. I have seen some really nice work on people. If some one has one to a few, they can be very interesting. But, it depends on what they are, where they are and how well done they are. For example I am not a fan of spiders so a spider tattoo is not something I would like to see everyday on my partner. Yet something that has a personal meaning or significance can be wonderful. (I know some people say all tattoos have persona meaning.) last would I get one? Probably not, but I wouldn't completely rule it out either.

• Like 1

I only have one "big" one, which may be about 12" long, and it's a white tiger going down my upper right thigh. I've always loved tigers, and that's representing my kinship with them.

Then, I have 2 on my right arm, a blue and purple rose, with my daughter's nickname over it. I count those as 2. They're for my daughter. About 7/8" tall.

I have a blue and purple Firebird on the small of my back, representing my father. It's the style of the 1973 Firebird, and that's the year I was born. Double meaning. It's about 8" or so wide.

I also have a small oriental/tribal style orange and black tiger, also due to my love of tigers. That's on the left shoulder blade. It's about 5" tall, if that.

On my right shoulder blade, I have a black cat, about 4/5" wide. I have had black cats all of my adult life, and I love them. They're usually avoided and the last to be adopted. Some of my best cats have been black cats. I should count that one as 2 tattoos, since the tattoo artist tried doing a bloodwash ink, but it turned the cat pink instead of black, so he had to redo it, the same night. THAT was painful! LOL

My next one is either going to be a female symbol, or a Catwoman pinup girl. Not sure yet. ;)

The Catwoman pinup is either going on my left upper arm, or, most likely, my left upper thigh. The female symbol will probably go at the base of my neck, easily hidden by a shirt, and my hair.

I have no plans to get any huge ones, though they all seem to tie together with the colors, and the symbolisms are pretty similar.

Awesome tattoos, Tyger. I do believe that tattoos (if one is thinking about getting any) should absolutely represent who you are. Your personality, your loves, people whom mean the world to you (like our children for example) etc. I think that's what makes the tattoo sexy and not our own physical stature. Lets face it, not a single one of us is getting any younger. But our inner selves, that's where true beauty lies. To have a tat of a skull and rose because all the other girls or guys have skull and roses is to me pointless. To me it just means you rather follow the crowd than to be yourself. And being yourself is so much hotter than being a carbon copy seemingly representing a commercial indorsement.

Thank you for the compliment, and I agree 100%!!!!

• Members

Tyger, very nice artwork. I also enjoyed how they are special to you and have significant meaning for you.

Tyger, very nice artwork. I also enjoyed how they are special to you and have significant meaning for you.

Thank you. I am, also very careful to put them where they're easily concealed due to work. I do think that you can go overboard with them.

Where I do think that freedom of expression is important. However, when debating on getting a tattoo, one must remember that, to be gainfully employed in a good paying job, one must remember that when working in said establishment, you are a representative of that company, and most people with facial tattoos will not be hired due to the fact that it is considered unprofessional.

To each his own, but there is a thoughtful way of getting them, and a "fuck the world, and if you don't like it, fuck you" way of doing it. I'm the first one. Thoughtful, professional, and discreet.