Official Community Forums Home

Personal STD Experience(s)?

Tyger

Anyone brave enough to admit they've either had or have an STD? If so, what is/was it? Was it due to lack of protection, honesty, or an accident?

I'll go first. Many of you have probably read that I have genital herpes. I got it in 2000, and the guy I was having sex with, we were using condoms, and I was on the Pill. But the condom slipped off. Either he didn't know he had it, or he didn't tell me.  Sometimes, herpes can last in the body for years before "popping up", but I just KNOW it was this guy. Past relationships were long-term, and/or with protection.

Yes, my GF knows, and, in fact, we met on a dating site for people with herpes, so yes, she has it too. It was really nice to be able to not have the stress of disclosure, and have a sympathetic person who knows how it is, feels, and emotionally feels, when you get an outbreak.

I'm not ashamed of having it. I'm not proud either, mind you, but I don't dwell on it every day, I don't feel bad about having it now, or dirty. I have had to disclose to a few people, and it wasn't as bad as I had thought after I became single again.  Thankfully, I know my signs of having an outbreak, I know what my triggers are, have an Rx to help head it off, take supplements, and balm to put on the sores. So, it may be an inconvenience for 3 or 4 days, but tolerable.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Well I've never had an STD yet but on the other hand I've had some unnaturally long pauses between sex with a partner and just masturbation or gay sex. The one time I almost could have gotten sumpin was around 1977 thereabout. Met this 18 or 19 yr old Hottie. Skinny blonde and I'm like when did I die and my spirit landed in this body that's standing in my room and this babe is on my bed telling me something important and I need to quit thinking and start listening to her and......... It might have been Herpes. She said it was real new and there was no cure. Damn she was tooooo fine. Best lookin with the best bod I'd ever been with up to this point. The more she talked about it the more I wanted to bone her but that little man in my head kept hollerin at me NO NO DON'T DO IT !!!!

I dint. IIRC I never worn a rubber when screwin some gal.

Sometimes I really want to kick my own ass for being Mister Responsible.

On 5/26/2016 at 5:50 AM, 12GAUGE said:

Well I've never had an STD yet but on the other hand I've had some unnaturally long pauses between sex with a partner and just masturbation or gay sex. The one time I almost could have gotten sumpin was around 1977 thereabout. Met this 18 or 19 yr old Hottie. Skinny blonde and I'm like when did I die and my spirit landed in this body that's standing in my room and this babe is on my bed telling me something important and I need to quit thinking and start listening to her and......... It might have been Herpes. She said it was real new and there was no cure. Damn she was tooooo fine. Best lookin with the best bod I'd ever been with up to this point. The more she talked about it the more I wanted to bone her but that little man in my head kept hollerin at me NO NO DON'T DO IT !!!!

I dint. IIRC I never worn a rubber when screwin some gal.

Sometimes I really want to kick my own ass for being Mister Responsible.

Respectfully, where I can commend you for keeping your head sort of clear after she told you she had a "new" STD (if it was herpes, it's not new, even in the 70's), saying you have never worn a rubber while screwing some gal, and then saying you're Mister Responsible is hypocritical. Condoms are the responsible thing to do, whether you know the girl/guy or not.

And, FYI, I've used condoms, and I've never passed my STD on to anyone, and I credit condom usage as a BIG part of it.

Again, it's all respectfully stated.

• Like 1