Official Community Forums Home

End of the School Year

Tyger

This time of year is EXHAUSTING! Kids ready to go for summer break, parents coming out of the woodwork NOW, when we couldn't reach them all year, pulling their crazy and accusing of all sorts of stuff (hey, how about you answer our calls, notes, voicemails, and school message auto system BEFORE you come bitch???), state requirements, and other stressors. I love my job, don't get me wrong, but, this time of year, I'm like a zombie! LOL

• Members

Tyger I feel for you. Even though I don't know what it is like. I have no children. But I watch all my friends at the end of the year go crazy with their children. They tell me how lucky I am. Hahahaha!

• Review Team

Ugh I could never be a teacher, I work at a daycare part time at my gym and the shifts are super short and I still cant get outta there fast enough. It definitly gives you a good view of all the types of parents that are out there. Especially the ones that don't care if their toddler or baby cry for 2 hours while they hit the treadmill.. I take my daughter with me sometimes (perks of the job) and its hard to see these little guys all afraid. Dreading the summer rush. Luckily, our pool at the gym opens up memorial weekend so hopefully everyone heads that way until the end of summer! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

It's funny, with all the running around, by the end of the school year I can't wait for school to be over.  But by the end of summer, the kids are driving us up a wall and I can't wait for school to start up again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Review Team

I'm not fond of school being out because that means VACATIONS , in my profession unruly kids running amuck with no parental supervision, not following rules and giving attitude to the staff until they run into me  then it gets real, I think kids should go to school all year and only get time off as a vacation just like if they were in the work place.

• Members

I love the summer, it means visitation with my oldest :-) 

• Like 1