Official Community Forums Home

My son's involved with dating tours. Should I stop him?

My wife and I are happily married, of course with a very handsome son who just turned 5 last week. But I have a problem. Her uncle is gay, who always asks about our son. I know it will sound weird but he might be a big influence to my son. What if my kid will turn out to be gay like him? And I can’t accept the fact that it might actually happen. I don’t know what to do. This has been bothering me since. Please help!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
On 4/23/2018 at 12:51 PM, JimmyWalter said:

My wife and I are happily married, of course with a very handsome son who just turned 5 last week. But I have a problem. Her uncle is gay, who always asks about our son. I know it will sound weird but he might be a big influence to my son. What if my kid will turn out to be gay like him? And I can’t accept the fact that it might actually happen. I don’t know what to do. This has been bothering me since. Please help!

What exactly is the issue with being Gay? I can understand you can't really understand the feelings as you are perhaps "straightforward" heterosexual.

As Kama said, being gay is something that is pretty much determined at birth, and not influenced by "associating" with someone who is in fact gay. If sexuality were dependent on the main influence of the dominantly present sexuality being Gay would in fact not exist as most Gay people that are of the age to be able to have children, are usually the product of mostly heterosexual couples (unless of course for example one of your parents is gay but has never dared to come out about it, which is not an accusation or me trying to offend you, but it does make you think, no?).

So, if this uncle is a good person, you know the none abusive kind that loves your son because he is in fact the most awesome (and fabulous) uncle in the world to your kid, I would think you should count your blessings and embrace the love he feels for your son and the love your son has for him, as a relative.

I myself am pan-sexual, have a gay sister, a transgender/genderfluid daughter and great parents that are not gay and have been married for over 40 years, being open minded and always teach myself and my sister to love people for who they are and not think badly of other people's decisions, sexuality or anything else they do in their life as long as they do not cause intentional harm to anyone.

This is also what I teach my kids, and I think if the world at large would stop fearing what they don't understand, and start learning and embracing the differences amongst people we could all actually be a lot happier then just being cattle (or sheep) following a flock of indoctrinated more then 2000 year old strange religious upbringing.

But guess what! If you don't agree with me that's OK too!

• Like 1

• Members
34 minutes ago, Jay | Tesstesst.nl said:

What exactly is the issue with being Gay? I can understand you can't really understand the feelings as you are perhaps "straightforward" heterosexual.

As Kama said, being gay is something that is pretty much determined at birth, and not influenced by "associating" with someone who is in fact gay. If sexuality were dependent on the main influence of the dominantly present sexuality being Gay would in fact not exist as most Gay people that are of the age to be able to have children, are usually the product of mostly heterosexual couples (unless of course for example one of your parents is gay but has never dared to come out about it, which is not an accusation or me trying to offend you, but it does make you think, no?).

So, if this uncle is a good person, you know the none abusive kind that loves your son because he is in fact the most awesome (and fabulous) uncle in the world to your kid, I would think you should count your blessings and embrace the love he feels for your son and the love your son has for him, as a relative.

I myself am pan-sexual, have a gay sister, a transgender/genderfluid daughter and great parents that are not gay and have been married for over 40 years, being open minded and always teach myself and my sister to love people for who they are and not think badly of other people's decisions, sexuality or anything else they do in their life as long as they do not cause intentional harm to anyone.

This is also what I teach my kids, and I think if the world at large would stop fearing what they don't understand, and start learning and embracing the differences amongst people we could all actually be a lot happier then just being cattle (or sheep) following a flock of indoctrinated more then 2000 year old strange religious upbringing.

But guess what! If you don't agree with me that's OK too!

Love this response. There’s nothing wrong with being gay or hanging around a good gay person. 

One of my best friends is a gay man, and he has been incredibly empathetic, loyal and respectful to me-even when I was at my worst. 

People cant help their sexual orientation at the end of the day. 

• Members
1 minute ago, Kama said:

Love this response. There’s nothing wrong with being gay or hanging around a good gay person. 

One of my best friends is a gay man, and he has been incredibly empathetic, loyal and respectful to me-even when I was at my worst. 

People cant help their sexual orientation at the end of the day. 

In actual fact there is nothing to be helped about your sexuality. Falling for the same sex, or the opposite sex it not something negative it's a fact of life.

Unfortunately for us it has been labeled an "affliction" by various religions, because of some strange need to control people, their sexuality and their role in life.

If you go back to the time before organized religion such as the Christian Faith, The Muslim Faith or The Jewish faith you will find that same sex relations, polygamous relationships and the freedom to love whom you please when you please is quite normal and certainly not as prosecuted as when these "great" new faiths rear they're ugly head.

The fact that these religions preach that women are somehow less worthy than men, that people who go outside what are their concept of what is good and evil should be prosecuted in my eyes is completely strange.

Especially if you realize that the written versions (e.g. Bible, holy Quran, Talmud/Torah etc) were actually written hundreds of years AFTER events happened by people who had more to gain by "sculpting" the texts into something that was to their advantage. I mean, there were kings who started a whole "new" religion just so they could marry someone, before then afterwards killing them based on the same religious reasoning. 

Governments and commercial industries continuing on this same deception, telling women they were "good enough" if they did the dishes, made sure the dinner was on the table, and by all means let themselves be fucked like obedient sex slaves, as this was the destiny for any good housewife.

Without wanting to sound like a ranting maniac, we are being manipulated by a lot of people all of the time, and we need to stop gobbling up all the crap that is put out there just to make rich people richer.

We need to start thinking for ourselves, enjoy being who we actually are, not who we should be according to others or social pressure or worse, hypes.

• Like 1