Official Community Forums Home

How important is it that your partner sees you as a sexual person?

• Members

I don’t know if I am being too sensitive, but I can’t to date someone who misunderstands my sexuality. I see myself as very sexual, and the best partners were able to recognize my enthusiasm. What turns me on is when they compliment me!  

The worst partners were the ones who didn’t get me and would jump to conclusions, like assuming that someone is a virgin at 32 when they’re experienced.  Or, assuming that a woman is willing to sleep with anything when she’s picky.  I am direct with partners. I find that no matter how much you explain something to someone, they don’t always understand. 

People say  ignore someone’s dumb comment, but these comments kill any developing sexual attraction I have for a person. It’s sad when someone doesn’t realize that their comment is anti-seductive. 

Is anyone similar? Would you date someone who stuck their foot in their mouth about your sexuality? 

• Members
4 hours ago, Kama said:

Is anyone similar? Would you date someone who stuck their foot in their mouth about your sexuality? 

I would not, and if someone who thinks he is my friend regardless of how long they have had that status should think it is okay to judge me based on my sexual preferences he can bloody well F*** off :)

I am me, if you don't like that, leave me alone.

• Like 1

• Members
15 minutes ago, Jay | Tesstesst.nl said:

I would not, and if someone who thinks he is my friend regardless of how long they have had that status should think it is okay to judge me based on my sexual preferences he can bloody well F*** off :)

I am me, if you don't like that, leave me alone.

It’s weird to me how my own “friends” (at least they said they were) misjudged me the most. They did make sexual advances towards me, but I rejected them.

maybe people say things out of spite.

• Members
1 minute ago, Kama said:

It’s weird to me how my own “friends” (at least they said they were) misjudged me the most. They did make sexual advances towards me, but I rejected them.

maybe people say things out of spite.

They do, but that is because we are taught to be petty about anything sexual

• Like 1

• Members
2 minutes ago, Jay | Tesstesst.nl said:

They do, but that is because we are taught to be petty about anything sexual

Maybe I am old fashioned, but I don’t want to mix friends and sex with each other.  Once someone is a sex partner, it’s hard to go back. :) 

• Members
Just now, Kama said:

Maybe I am old fashioned, but I don’t want to mix friends and sex with each other.  Once someone is a sex partner, it’s hard to go back. :) 

I personally just see where things go, fighting sexual urges because your friendship wouldn't survive says something about that friendship. If the sex thing is just a one time thing, that doesn't affect the friendship for me. Sometimes it's fun to fuck someone you love and care for, sometimes it's not.

• Like 1

• Members
12 minutes ago, Jay | Tesstesst.nl said:

I personally just see where things go, fighting sexual urges because your friendship wouldn't survive says something about that friendship. If the sex thing is just a one time thing, that doesn't affect the friendship for me. Sometimes it's fun to fuck someone you love and care for, sometimes it's not.

True. Everyone is different. 

The good news is that my sex partners see me as sexual. So, it’s all good. 

• Members

I’ve had a number of people make assumptions of misread my sexual orientation. When that happens I will take my time to see if it is a prejustice or a simple mistake. If people have problems with who I am then I walk away. 

Kama you say you are a sexual person. Good for you! I understand that. I often call myself very sexual. I love the sexy side of me. Anyone around me knows how sexual I am and can be. If they can’t handle it, screw them. I’ve had a few people try to tell me what my sexual orientation is, straight, gay, bi, pan, etc. At this point I don’t identify with the labels of others. I like sex, being sexual, and having sex with those I find attractive. 

My true friends don’t give a flying F... about my sexual orientation or who I choose to be sexual with. I do have a couple friends that I play with. There has never been a problem with being friends and sex with thes couple of friends. Other friends, there is no way I’d be sexual with. It would be to difficult. And others there is no sexual attraction.

• Members
6 minutes ago, Erosattheback said:

I’ve had a number of people make assumptions of misread my sexual orientation. When that happens I will take my time to see if it is a prejustice or a simple mistake. If people have problems with who I am then I walk away. 

Kama you say you are a sexual person. Good for you! I understand that. I often call myself very sexual. I love the sexy side of me. Anyone around me knows how sexual I am and can be. If they can’t handle it, screw them. I’ve had a few people try to tell me what my sexual orientation is, straight, gay, bi, pan, etc. At this point I don’t identify with the labels of others. I like sex, being sexual, and having sex with those I find attractive. 

My true friends don’t give a flying F... about my sexual orientation or who I choose to be sexual with. I do have a couple friends that I play with. There has never been a problem with being friends and sex with thes couple of friends. Other friends, there is no way I’d be sexual with. It would be to difficult. And others there is no sexual attraction.

Thanks for the reply.  Maybe my social circle is different, but I don’t feel sexual attraction to my friends?

Someone once told me that I am a demisexual, but I don’t relate to that at all.  I can feel sexual attraction on the spot.

I think real friends don’t care either. When I was exploring bisexuality, one couple (friends only) was pushing me to decide if I like men or women more.  The fact is that I like men. 

I am hesitant to share all of the weird experiences I have had. It doesn’t make sense sometimes. 

• Members
3 minutes ago, Kama said:

I am hesitant to share all of the weird experiences I have had. It doesn’t make sense sometimes. 

I can understand that, yet discussing them with someone might actually give you the insight you'd need?

• Members
44 minutes ago, Jay | Tesstesst.nl said:

I can understand that, yet discussing them with someone might actually give you the insight you'd need?

Edit 

• Members
6 minutes ago, Kama said:

I feel like I sound like a broken record. I am working very hard in counseling to let go of what people think. 

I have made it known that I like to give blowjobs more than anything. I had a female friend in the past tell me that I was scared of pleasure. I didnt like her comment, since I get pleasure out of giving pleasure. She confessed to having a crush on me. 

Another man told me that I was a mess sexually, due to my preferences and because I have had sexual trauma in my background. I also turned him down, since I wasn’t interested in having casual sex with him.  Sorry if that sounds weird. 

I am happily dating someone now. 

You don't sound weird at all, you sound perfectly normal to me.

It's very hard to work on yourself in counseling, so without me even knowing you I can say that you rock for that, seriously.

If you'd like to be a broken record more privately then on this forum, feel free to contact me through a DM. I don't mind broken records, and love helping people, because I can and want to.

• Like 1

• Members
1 minute ago, Jay | Tesstesst.nl said:

You don't sound weird at all, you sound perfectly normal to me.

It's very hard to work on yourself in counseling, so without me even knowing you I can say that you rock for that, seriously.

If you'd like to be a broken record more privately then on this forum, feel free to contact me through a DM. I don't mind broken records, and love helping people, because I can and want to.

Thanks! Yeah, I feel embarrassed letting stuff out here haha. There’s a lot more that I am not sharing. 

• Members

None of that sound weird. It sounds like you are being more true to you. The others who are making judgements sound more like they have the problem. They want something you are not comfortable giving to them. There is nothing wrong with keeping your preference in tact. I agree working on yourself can be challenging. I give you major props for doing it. 

• Like 1